Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

please help aem intake

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 02:29 AM
5 Year Member

Default please help aem intake

hey i would like to know if anyone has a aem intake i put mine on the other day and then i got on the net to look for some xb pictures and i did not know what to say r do isaw a few pics of intakesfor the xb and it did not look nothing like mine mine comes out the motor and goes down to the finder on the driver side next too the headlight is it in the right place y do i c on all the other xb that the intake goes to the back firewall please help
Old 07-12-2004, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Huumm.. I am not to sure where the CAI sits in the engince compartement, I will have to look that one up.

hey i would like to know if anyone has a aem intake i put mine on the other day and then i got on the net to look for some xb pictures and i did not know what to say r do isaw a few pics of intakesfor the xb and it did not look nothing like mine mine comes out the motor and goes down to the finder on the driver side next too the headlight is it in the right place y do i c on all the other xb that the intake goes to the back firewall please help
TRANSLATION: Does anyone have the CAI? I put mine on the other day and then I was looking at some pictures online and noticed that it comes out of the motor and goes down the fender on the drivers side. On the other xB's the intake goes down to the back fire wall. Which it correct? Please Help!
Old 07-12-2004, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

It depends on the intake. The short ram style goes behind the headlight. The cold air style goes in loops to get very low and pull in the coldest air possible. If you only have one slightly bent piece and the instructions indicate what you have then it's right where it should be.

In all actuality you can get plenty more cold air to it if you don't have fog lights by popping out the cover. Air from the front will rush right in at the filter.