Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

rVinyl tail light tint install?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 05:29 AM

Default rVinyl tail light tint install?

Hello again. I just got the rVinyl pre-cut tail light tint for the xB in the mail today and am planning to install it tomorrow. I'm not much of a car guy so i was hoping someone out there might have done this install already themselves and can give me a detailed install tutorial or at least some good pointers? it'd be much appreciated! the task at hand seems a bit intimidating right now, although i'm looking forward to it.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

wipe down the tail lights to get any dirt or anything off of them...

spray the tail lights and/or tint with a light soapy water mixture so you are able to get the bubbles and all that good stuff out ...

You might have to use a hair dryer or heat gun to get the corners to do right...i didnt because i have tail light garnishes that covers the corners so i was not too worried about that...

ummm...just squeegie all the excess water out of the tint with a license or credit card and use a razor blade to shave the excess tint and you are done...its literally about a 2 minute job...very hard to mess up...just make sure you get all the bubbles out...
Old 04-12-2008, 09:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

finished product looks amazing...this is rvinyl with colormatched garnishes

Old 04-13-2008, 11:06 PM

thanks daneisthegreatest! you've definitely lessened my concern in doing this. One last question...do you think i should take the tail lights off to apply the tint or leave them on the car to apply it? i'm planning on doing this sometime today if i have time.

Your XB is totally rad btw...one of the best i've seen.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

it all depends on how you want to do it...i did mine without taking the lights off...but i also didnt worry about using a hair dryer for the corners...

if you feel better taking them off and doing them inside or whatever that is your choice, i dont know if it would be easier or not just a personal choice i guess...

Tint is very easy to apply, just take your time and make sure you get all the bubbles out and everything and you should be good...definitely post pics up of the finished product...

and thanks for the kind words on my box, it took a years worth of blood, sweat, and an empty bank account to get it like it is and i love complements i get.