First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Spare Tire Question.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Spare Tire Question.

Where is the spare tire at on the xA? Just thought I would find out in advanced. Looking at this picture of a ist,

I dont see where it could be. I know the ist might not have a spare so it might go in that area but the Scion web site does say "Cargo Area Under-floor Storage" so im taking thats what is in the picture. Thanks for any help & a picture would be nice
Old 09-17-2004, 04:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if thats a pic of the japanese trunk I heard they don't have spare tires.
Old 09-17-2004, 04:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah thats the japanese trunk. I guessed they did not have a spare. So I take it that half of that is for the spare & the other half is this under floor compartment then?
Old 09-17-2004, 05:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Spare Tire Question.

Originally Posted by chucksu
Where is the spare tire at on the xA? Just thought I would find out in advanced. Looking at this picture of a ist,

I dont see where it could be. I know the ist might not have a spare so it might go in that area but the Scion web site does say "Cargo Area Under-floor Storage" so im taking thats what is in the picture. Thanks for any help & a picture would be nice
you have almost 1300 post and you dont know that yet.......sike......just givin you hard time......chucksu you are the man......
Old 09-17-2004, 05:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JdMBboFSD

you have almost 1300 post and you dont know that yet.......sike......just givin you hard time......chucksu you are the man......
Yeah Im not sure of that yet. :oops:. I have not seen it talked about any. Guess some people could give a rats butt where the spare is. I my self would like to know + what ever help me raise my post count
Old 09-17-2004, 05:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If I remember correctly it is identical to the way the xb is laid out. But we really need and xA owner to clarify.
Old 09-17-2004, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I was thinking something like that. I guess it would need to sink in at a angle or something? I dont think the rear area is big enough for the spare to just set under there, I mean I think it would go under the rear seat some?
Old 09-17-2004, 05:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by neckbonenick
If I remember correctly it is identical to the way the xb is laid out. But we really need and xA owner to clarify.
Did someone say my name? :twisted: So anyways, the spare tire is back there, right in the middle of the whole back. You just lift the floor cover, and it's smack dab in the middle, covered with another cover that lets you put stuff inside of it. There's a small amount of space to either side of the spare; the jack is in the space to the right of the spare.

I only wish it were laid out the same as the xB, cause then I'd have a spot to put an amp or sub!
Old 09-17-2004, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yeah I was thinking something like that. I guess it would need to sink in at a angle or something? I dont think the rear area is big enough for the spare to just set under there, I mean I think it would go under the rear seat some?
Keep in mind, the rear seats themselves are slightly angled back, so there enough room behind the seats to fit a spare.
Old 09-17-2004, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I see. That clears it up then. So when Scion says "Cargo Area Under-floor Storage" they should just say "Place for a pair of gloves under floor".
Old 09-17-2004, 05:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

...guess some people could give a rats butt where the spare is. I my self would like to know + what ever help me raise my post count
I care! Cause I know the day I take it out and put something else in it's place will be the one day I'll wish I'd had the spare with me. And I think I've up-ed my post count enough with just one thread :p But i couldn't resist
Old 09-17-2004, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fugeelama
...guess some people could give a rats butt where the spare is. I my self would like to know + what ever help me raise my post count
I care! Cause I know the day I take it out and put something else in it's place will be the one day I'll wish I'd had the spare with me. And I think I've up-ed my post count enough with just one thread :p But i couldn't resist
I have done that a few times to so dont fell bad. Then this makes me want to ask. How big is the spare? What size rim & tire is it? Also then on the subject of back there how far is it from the base of the back seat to the plastice pannel where the hatch closes?
Old 09-18-2004, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So no one wants to comment?

Then this makes me want to ask. How big is the spare? What size rim & tire is it? Also then on the subject of back there how far is it from the base of the back seat to the plastice pannel where the hatch closes?
Old 02-10-2006, 07:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Checked my spare tire for the first time since purchasing the car in 2/05---remaining tire pressure was at 42 lbs (recommended is : 60 lbs).

Yeah, I was going over these old responses to see if people who had plus size rims still kept their rims, because even though I only went up +1, I thought it would be awkward driving a car with uneven height rims.

Any others who keep the 16inch spare for their 17, 18, 19' rims?