Sunglass pocket replacement...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Default Sunglass pocket replacement...

I installed my aftermarket deck in the sunglass pocket. (below A/C)

In order to install it there I had to cut the back of the pocket off, now I need to replace it... I just called the local dealer and he quoted $117... that is WAY too much. Anybody got any ideas on how much and where to get one of these??

Anyone want to sell theirs??
Old 05-20-2005, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Sunglass pocket replacement...

Originally Posted by mgithens
I installed my aftermarket deck in the sunglass pocket. (below A/C)

In order to install it there I had to cut the back of the pocket off, now I need to replace it... I just called the local dealer and he quoted $117... that is WAY too much. Anybody got any ideas on how much and where to get one of these??

Anyone want to sell theirs??
Why do you have to replace it?
Old 05-20-2005, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

cause the xB doesn't work for me... the "why" I need to replace it is a bit off topic, so please try to limit responses to where or how I can find a replacement piece...

but suffice it to say, that a 30 year old on the dating and club scene can't be seen in an xB... I traded down from my '01 325i, and I did it to get out of a $650 payment while I quit my job and moved across the country... job is up and running and the cash flow can more than afford something more... so it is time...

right now it is a toss up between a TSX and a WRX Wagon... both are quick, but the WRX is more tuneable and in CO, the boost keeps the hp...

3rd gear flooring it and losing speed just doesn't work for me... at 10,000 feet the xB makes about 65 or 70hp... strap snowboards to the roof and put three people in the car and you might as well walk... but 20,000 miles since August, the car does fine around town, just don't get in a hurry... I managed to get over 30mpg the whole time WITH A ROOF RACK...
Old 05-21-2005, 12:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I can understand the lack of power in hilly areas but I don't think being in the dating and club scene is a good argument. If you are worried about what a woman thinks about your car, you are looking for the wrong type of woman. Plus almost every woman I know thinks they are great. Even if the outside isn't quite their cup of tea, they are very practical in nature and love the inside.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

More on topic. Who's going to know it's cut in the rear with the door on? Just trade it in or sell it to someone and warn them not to put anything in there ;-)
Old 05-21-2005, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cause the xB doesn't work for me... the "why" I need to replace it is a bit off topic, so please try to limit responses to where or how I can find a replacement piece...

but suffice it to say, that a 30 year old on the dating and club scene can't be seen in an xB... I traded down from my '01 325i, and I did it to get out of a $650 payment while I quit my job and moved across the country... job is up and running and the cash flow can more than afford something more... so it is time...

right now it is a toss up between a TSX and a WRX Wagon... both are quick, but the WRX is more tuneable and in CO, the boost keeps the hp...

3rd gear flooring it and losing speed just doesn't work for me... at 10,000 feet the xB makes about 65 or 70hp... strap snowboards to the roof and put three people in the car and you might as well walk... but 20,000 miles since August, the car does fine around town, just don't get in a hurry... I managed to get over 30mpg the whole time WITH A ROOF RACK...
Let's see now... junk yard, wrecked cars being parted out here, etc. If you're making decent money now just pony up and buy a new part from the dealer. 30 year old on the dating/club scene?
Old 05-21-2005, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OK, so when you bought the car, I assume you saw it as a temporary thing, right? A few months, a couple of years, whatever. And I also assume that when you decided to upgrade the head unit on this temporary car, you figured you'd keep the head unit when you got rid of the car, right? So when you cut the back out of the storage compartment, you were thinking....what?

And now you're probably going to get a WRX and dump a load of money into mods and you're whining about a measly $117 like you're a high school kid working minimum wage? Dude, this is a classic case of being penny wise and pound foolish.

Your choices:
1. Bite the bullet and buy one from the dealer
2. Do a little legwork and scrounge a used one
3. Sell/trade the car and let them knock $117 off the price

Heck, $117 is only a few day's gas for whatever ego-massaging ride you get next. It won't even cover a particularly nice date with whatever babe you manage to attract with the new car.

Old 05-21-2005, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im not totaly understanding what happened here. what kind of HU do you have in there?

i think 117 is a decent price for that piece. i kno i need one. somehow in the process of installing the first HU, the tab broke.

plus women dont care what you drive. and if they do their not the right girl.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

<<put my music keg in that cuby pocket.. ... good to know that $120 to replace that pocket tho... since i cut mine to hell too....

pics in profile
Old 05-21-2005, 05:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if a woman wont date you for your car, shes not a woman worth dating.
Old 05-21-2005, 08:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member
Scion Evolution

To quote Bugs Bunny, "What a maroon."

Trading a new car just to get some chicks...He's the type that says, 'the Vette gets them wet'.

And then whines about the buck seventeen to replace a cubby deal? Yeah, he's making the real money at WAL*MART now, right?

Just pay up. Or leave the aftermarket HU in there, and get more for a trade on the car.

Kids today...Wait. He's 30. Well, no excuse then...
Old 05-21-2005, 11:33 AM
Banned
SL Member

i knew this was coming!!!!
Old 05-21-2005, 12:27 PM
Banned
SL Member

get the TSX, you will love it......108 is way to slow......
Old 05-21-2005, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member

I dunno about the ladies up Colorado way, but when this stay at home dad pulls in to school to pick up the kids in the xB, all the moms' panties be droppin'. My kids have never had so many play dates...
Old 05-21-2005, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

^^ hahaha!!!!
Old 05-21-2005, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you should have seen how many girls id pack in my focus ZX3. now i know they werent chilling with me for my car
Old 05-21-2005, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I fail to understand why people don't understand that there are 3 ways to get car parts:

From the dealer.
From someone parting out their car.
From a junkyard.
Old 05-22-2005, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Max2k
I fail to understand why people don't understand that there are 3 ways to get car parts:

From the dealer.
From someone parting out their car.
From a junkyard.
Or swap with someone who wants to cut out the back of their cubby.