Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

For those interested in the xB's demand.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default For those interested in the xB's demand.

So I went to go buy an xB tonight only to find out that I have to put my name on a month long waiting list cause the demand here is that high. They attributed it to the gas prices and the threat of the hurricanes to raise it even more. Ah well, I'll wait patiently
Old 09-30-2005, 01:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the info !! Just makes my 05 worth more on the used market.........Maybe i'll buy a new 06 and wait for it. Then when it comes in i'll sell the old one for more than i paid.....
Old 09-30-2005, 01:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man i must have bought at just the right time.........Called up and they had 4 on a truck and purchased it the day after they unloaded it........the three others were automatics which sold the day they came in........wow
Old 09-30-2005, 01:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, we bought ours at the beginning of July; we *had* to have our new car delivered within a week and fortunately there was an xB arriving that exactly met our needs.

If we'd needed a new car two months later I'm afraid we'd be driving something else.

RichC
Old 09-30-2005, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm extremely glad I got one fresh off the truck and took delivery 08/15/05. I was going to be picky about color but I love the TCM now and am very glad I snatched one up before the waiting lists got really long.

I actually just checked there site and they only have 2 auto's available w/ a 10/17 arrival and many more manuals.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:00 AM
5 Year Member

Had to order one on sept 3, put down the deposit. Hope to get delivery on Oct 15, if not then maybe Oct 28. They tell me that there are 208 xBs for 90 dealers. of which there are 43 Thunder cloud metallic, and 3 at my dealer before me. So you figure my odds!
Old 09-30-2005, 01:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I hear you.

When I ordered one they didn't even need a deposit b/c even if I changed my mind on buying the xB when it came in, he said he'd have no troubles selling it.

Needless to say I placed a deposit.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I placed the deposit as well so I can be garanteed a spot in line. Specifically for a Polar White, I'm picky.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member

Wow! I never knew there was such a demand for these. When I bought mine, I thought these were the ugliest vehicles on the road. And thought I would NEVER buy one. I went to the Toyota place looking for a Matrix. Once I drove it my XB, I was hooked.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

as long as i can remember(last summer '04), the demand has always been high. it took about 5 weeks to get our '06. also scion will never be a mass produced car line, so there will always be a demand.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:01 PM
5 Year Member

I just got my 06 TCM last week and had to wait a month for it to come in. I also gave a deposit to insure my spot in line.
Right now where I live all scions are coming in already sold, so if you want one you have to order.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by O5Toaster-xb
Thanks for the info !! Just makes my 05 worth more on the used market.........Maybe i'll buy a new 06 and wait for it. Then when it comes in i'll sell the old one for more than i paid.....
lol....sounds like a good idea, I might have to follow suit.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scrat
as long as i can remember(last summer '04), the demand has always been high. it took about 5 weeks to get our '06. also scion will never be a mass produced car line, so there will always be a demand.
not mass produced? yeah, ok. youd be suprised that theres an assembly line and everything!
Old 09-30-2005, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

He means that Scion will only produce a set ammount of vehicles, somewhere around 125k I believe (dunno for sure). That way, Scions are not like your typical Honda which you see every other car.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

He means that Scion will only produce a set ammount of vehicles, somewhere around 125k I believe (dunno for sure). That way, Scions are not like your typical Honda which you see every other car.
Thanks hayalex6!

sorry Stealth97 i made a bad choice of words.

scion was never meant to be a big franchise brand. the reason for the waits are due to demand became higher than the initial production of these cars. scion wants to keep production low so the demand will always be there. this way the xb won't turn into the civic which you see everywhere and every body has one.

pulled from the news section.
Mark Templin, Toyota's Scion chief, told The Wall Street Journal the Japanese automaker intends to keep the brand a relatively small franchise that sells only about 150,000 vehicles a year for the foreseeable future.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member

Also the idea with Scion is to have every car personized how you want it. Order it with your options get it in a month

Marty
Old 09-30-2005, 05:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hayalex6
I'm not so sure. In the first four blocks of my drive to work I see six xBs, all owned by the people who live in the neighborhood.

It's getting to be as bad as VW bugs in the '70s!
Old 09-30-2005, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: For those interested in the xB's demand.

Originally Posted by redhalo
So I went to go buy an xB tonight only to find out that I have to put my name on a month long waiting list cause the demand here is that high. They attributed it to the gas prices and the threat of the hurricanes to raise it even more. Ah well, I'll wait patiently
I bought my 04 xB in may 04 and I had to wait a month too.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by George
Originally Posted by hayalex6
I'm not so sure. In the first four blocks of my drive to work I see six xBs, all owned by the people who live in the neighborhood.

It's getting to be as bad as VW bugs in the '70s!
3 dealers told me what I said about the limited production.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

the reason there are not enuff for demand is because they are built overseas and not in the u.s.
that's why it takes so long for the dealers to get them.

Quick Reply: For those interested in the xB's demand.