Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Touch up paint?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 12:11 AM
5 Year Member

Default Touch up paint?

Hey everyone, I'm a fairly new owner to the whole Scion crowd and have to say I love the car. As a matter of fact, I seem to like it more and more everyday. I'm rolling around in a Camo Green Scion xB and I couldn't be happier.

But, today I was driving around with my dog in the passenger's seat and went to PETsSMART and a few other stores. When I came out of the store I noticed a WHOLE BUNCH of little scratches and scrapes on my hood. I would say it looked like someone keyed me, but why would they do it on the hood? So I've concluded that someone put something on the hood of my car and that's what scraped it up...

Anyway, my question to everyone is, where do I get some touch up paint? Does Toyota even make such a thing? I really don't want to take it back to the dealer and pay an arm and a leg just to get some scratches touched up if I can do it myself.

Any input y'all might have is much appreciated. Take care!
Old 03-24-2005, 12:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

www.paintscratch.com

the paint code is 6m7

you'll need the vin# to order.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Sorry to hear that bro... it's one thing to cause paint damage yourself, but another to have some one else do it just because they're rude and couldn't care less for other people's cars.

You could try a mild polish followed by wax if the scratches aren't very deep.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I tried searching for some touch up paint in the spray can. My dealer had it in the little brush bottle, and that was all I found. Those little bottles aren't really good for scratches. they always put too much paint down. They seem better for rock chips so you can just fill in a hole. Let us know what you find.

The paint on these cars scratch very easy. It could of been just some loser setting a dog bed or something on your hood. Something that soft would scratch this thin paint.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

go to a reputable body shop and see if they can color sand and buff the scratches. if they're not too deep, they will buff out. if not, you may have to paint the hood. i would also consider talking to your insurance company about it. the scratches would be covered under your comprehensive coverage and it won't go against your insurance premium.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

go to a reputable body shop and see if they can color sand and buff the scratches. if they're not too deep, they will buff out. if not, you may have to paint the hood. i would also consider talking to your insurance company about it. the scratches would be covered under your comprehensive coverage and it won't go against your insurance premium.