Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Waiting and waiting for my xB

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member

Default Waiting and waiting for my xB

It's been 5 weeks+ since I ordered my xB, MT Black Cherry. The dealer said to allow 4 to 5 weeks but it would more likely be 3 to4. I'm getting really tired of waiting and I can't believe they can't get a more exact date on delivery. I can order a $5 book from Amazon and know the status of my order from the time I place it until it arrives including where it is in transit, but a $14000 car? No one seems to know or care where it is. Am I getting the runaround? Most people on the forums seem to be getting them in a few weeks if that long.

I put $500 deposit on it, how hard would it be to get back if I find what I want at another dealer? The only extra I bought was floor mats and I'd take a Black or Blue MT as well.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just ordered a black xb last week and it should be here by the end of Sept. I'm told. Just be patient. Also, the dealer doesn't care about you or your car. They're done with you now and are on to other potential customers.
Old 09-07-2004, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member

I wouldn't mind the wait if they would just be upfront with me. I'm anxious because I'm planning a vacation starting on the 25th that will have to be cancelled if my car isn't ready.

I think Toyota is wasting their time and money trying to rebrand these cars as Scions but selling them in the Toyota environment. To me the buying experience is just as unpleasant as any other. The first dealer I went to wouldn't let me drive the car alone and only on their short, pre-planned route. The salesman was high pressure to say the least - really pushing me to order the car on the spot ("if you don't order today you're looking at a really long wait... blah, blah, blah") I pretty much just had to walk out on him. At the next dealer there were no Scion sales people at all and the Toyota guy I worked with was so computer illiterate that he had to get the sales manager to help him through the order. The manager was a total jerk, and was visibly upset that I didn't want any extras and that I was paying cash. Even with a slim profit it was an incredibly easy sale that took all of 15 minutes, they should be happy. Buying a Scion is NOT like buying a Saturn no matter what Toyota wants people to think. I'm beginning to wish I had bought an Element or even just waited for a Cube!
Old 09-07-2004, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by darrek
I wouldn't mind the wait if they would just be upfront with me. I'm anxious because I'm planning a vacation starting on the 25th that will have to be cancelled if my car isn't ready.

I think Toyota is wasting their time and money trying to rebrand these cars as Scions but selling them in the Toyota environment. To me the buying experience is just as unpleasant as any other. The first dealer I went to wouldn't let me drive the car alone and only on their short, pre-planned route. The salesman was high pressure to say the least - really pushing me to order the car on the spot ("if you don't order today you're looking at a really long wait... blah, blah, blah") I pretty much just had to walk out on him. At the next dealer there were no Scion sales people at all and the Toyota guy I worked with was so computer illiterate that he had to get the sales manager to help him through the order. The manager was a total jerk, and was visibly upset that I didn't want any extras and that I was paying cash. Even with a slim profit it was an incredibly easy sale that took all of 15 minutes, they should be happy. Buying a Scion is NOT like buying a Saturn no matter what Toyota wants people to think. I'm beginning to wish I had bought an Element or even just waited for a Cube!
That's funny because my buying experience was the complete opposite of yours. I financed through toyota financial and ordered a bone stock XB in about a half hour. They asked if I wanted options and I said no and they were cool with that. They said they can get me a XB from another dealer but I insisted on getting one fresh from the port. They were cool with that too. It really just depends on which dealer you go to, they aren't all the same and you can always complain to Toyota corporate so they can fix any problems at that dealer.
Old 09-07-2004, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member

Zombietime:

Well, I took your advice and wrote to Scion explaing the problems I'm having with Evanston Toyota. Here was their helpful reply:

Thank you for contacting Scion.

We apologize we do not have access to availability for delivery. Please
contact your local dealer.

Please feel free to contact us should you have any further questions or
comments. We would be happy to assist you. You may contact us
directly at 1-866-70-SCION or by email at
https://secure.scion.com/scion/ssl/c...contactForm.do

You may also want to click on the following link for
https://secure.scion.com/scion/ssl/c...draiserForm.do

Thank you for your interest in Scion.

Scion Customer Experience
I love how they tell me to contact my local dealer when my complaint is that my dealer won't answer my questions!

Hassle-free my ___.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

My dealer was hassle free. Had at least 15 Scion xb's on the lot, every color with the exception of hot lava and a good mix of autos and manuals. Told them what I wanted and picked it up the next day ... done deal.

Sorry to hear about your experience and runaround. Wish you the best with the new xb when you finally get it though.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

I feel ya.....I was told that they could get me my xB from another dealer and it should only take about a week. The week rolls by and he says. "Oh, we can't get that one for you now, we don't have any in to trade with them for that one". Kinda ____ed off that they would tell me they can get one and then never even had oen to trade.

So now 3wks later I am still waiting on my xB to come in. He told me the 1st week of september. So....I called him up on the 2nd to find out if he knew anything. Told me its in NY and should take another week.

NY ain't that far...go get my car! I am going to give them ANOTHER week and if they don't have my car, I will just look elseware. I will make the hour drive elseware to get my car if I have to. I got a feeling the second I tell them I am going somewhere else they may be able to get my car faster or do somthing for me.

If would be nice if they could come up with a tracking system. Like give you the last 6 of your VIN and be able to follow it from the scion webpage.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Re: Waiting and waiting for my xB

Originally Posted by darrek
It's been 5 weeks+ since I ordered my xB, MT Black Cherry. The dealer said to allow 4 to 5 weeks but it would more likely be 3 to4. I'm getting really tired of waiting and I can't believe they can't get a more exact date on delivery. I can order a $5 book from Amazon and know the status of my order from the time I place it until it arrives including where it is in transit, but a $14000 car? No one seems to know or care where it is. Am I getting the runaround? Most people on the forums seem to be getting them in a few weeks if that long.

I put $500 deposit on it, how hard would it be to get back if I find what I want at another dealer? The only extra I bought was floor mats and I'd take a Black or Blue MT as well.
was this Evanston in ill? if so I think I can help you with a BCP MT somewhere else I know one is lurking along with a black MT.,.

it's not toyota as a whole, some dealers just can't get in the swing as others can,,,

PM me if you're in ILL..
Old 09-09-2004, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

I bought my XB at Palmers in Mobile AL. I bought the first one they ever sold. It was the 9 of Feb. I walked in told them that I wanted the car out on the lot, let me take it for a drive and then started the paper work. We are planning on buying a tc in the next couple weeks and the salesperson I delt with is no longer there. The owners son is one of the sales people and I have heard bad things about him. I like the dealership, everytime I take my cb in to have the oil changed they are quick and curtious. I wouls like to do buisiness with them again.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member

Default Thanks BLeeK[size=9][/size][sup]TM[/sup][/size=9]

Thanks to Phil at Arlington Scion it looks like I'll be getting my xB by Saturday, maybe even tomorrow night. :D They're going to trade with my dealer so I can mine.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Just got mine last night, 28 days after putting down a deposit. The dealer says they can't get them in fast enough to fulfill all the orders. The waiting was hard, but it was definitely worth it! I actually thought the drive to work wasn't nearly long enough this morning! I'm fighting the urge to be one of those people who post those "I just got my xB!!" messages. But I guess this would count as one of those. :oops: Anyway, good luck, darrek. Hope you get yours soon.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default .....

i got my mt bcp xb same day....lucky i guess........
Old 09-09-2004, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Take a look at this post, might help you find out if your wait time is normal:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25202