Warnings about 2 way radios in owners manual

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: TS2000

Originally Posted by ashorn
I have a Kenwood TS2000 installed in my XB, no problems so far. 2 years and going strong. Perth outbacker mounted to a trailer hitch, bracket bolted to the cross bar
of the hitch and comes out under the taillight on the driver side. 2/70 mounted on
the center of the roof. If you get fuel pump wine, get some snap on chokes from dx engineering and put them on the fuel pump wires. If you pull the back seat out, or just pop it up it is the cable in the center. I put 4 chokes on, the wires went from s5 to s0.
TS2000 is mounted under the rear cover next to the spair tire.

Will post some pictures.

Andy
KA3ODJ
Sounds great! Are you using the RC-2000 control head?

Another idea for an antenna mount is the threaded tow hook receptacle under the plug in the rear bumper. Still has the door obstruction problem, though, but it should be plenty strong for any reasonable antenna.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:13 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

KE6RTY here. I don't use my ticket much but I do keep it active in case I get the urge to ham it up again.

Any one do an NMO Lip Mount on an XB? Back in my CB days, I remember Honda hatch backs and K40 lip mounts did not get along well, I wonder if the the NMO lip mounts have the same issue. I was also thinking of trying a window mount antenna but am worried about the glue affecting the Scion stock tint on the rear window.

I want to use the mount for a Wilson cell phone booster, I go into area's where cell coverage is pretty bad. Who knows, it may make me want to install the old icom dual bander.

Edit, sorry for bringing this old one back.