First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Wiring diagram?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Wiring diagram?

Hey peeps, just picked up my underbody lights and I'm planning on wiring them into the turn signals, so they flash in time with the corresponding signal (left sig's - left neon, etc). However, I have no clue as to the wiring locations in the xB - can any of you kind people point me in the direction towards the wiring schematics for the xB? Many thanks!
Old 06-02-2004, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Hey, Here is a link to the "tech" section here in scionlife.

https://www.scionlife.com/tech/elect...ing_colors.php

Hope this helps
Old 06-02-2004, 06:17 PM
Banned
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Why :?: That will get you pulled over really fast, flashing neons with your turn signals.

But from all of my dealing with hooking up "additional" turn signals, most cars have the easiest place to hook into on the column. That's where the wiring is for the turn signal lever, it's really easy to hook them up there...HOWEVER I don't know if that is going to be good enough to power neons under your car. I did it in the past with l.e.d. turn signal mirrors. Another spot is the side turn signals on the fenders...this is where I've seen people wire the mirrors to on the xB. I think it would be cool to wire them to a switch and also wire them to your dome light, so when you unlock your doors at night walking to your car, it will glow. And then you could also switch them on without having to turn your dome light on. I had turn signal mirrors on my old truck that had blue l.e.d.s and amber l.e.d.s, so I wired them with the amber on the turn signals, and the blue to the dome light, this was a cool feature walking up to the truck at night and having the blue come on when I unlocked the doors If you really want to go through with the turn signal idea and do it right, let me know and I'll see what I can figure out as far as a wiring diagram for you.

Peace

-Z
Old 06-02-2004, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm set on the turn signal trick. Underbody lighting it's perfectly legal here in Houston - I checked before ordering the lights - as long as the colors are green, purple, or white. I've got the ULX300 series from Varad, and I can program over a 1000 colors into it and have all the other goodies and such (strobe settings, scanning, breathing, etc...). When I activate the turn signal, it will automatically change to amber to match the turn signals - hard to argue with something that looks cool AND enhances the safety...no excuse for not seeing me changing lanes if the entire side of my car was flashing the traditional amber ^_^ So yeah, I'll take whatever you can scrounge up for the wiring diagram! TIA.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:44 PM
Banned
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Oh Ok. I thought you were gonna have another color Green, Blue, etc. flashing, that's cool that you can have it change. When I had my l.e.d. under light kit it had 10 different flash patterns, one of which was like the scanning lights on the batmobile...so I would cruise like that until I found out that it was illegal to have them flashing(distraction to other drivers)...but I think the orange will be perfectly legal as it is an extra turn signal.

-Z
Old 06-02-2004, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Not sure about neons and if they need more power or what, but I just hooked up my mirror turn signals and they are LEDs. I tapped the + to the green wire + at the sidemarker light and grounded to the chassis under the hood. Now they blink with the signals.

The reason I bring up power is cuz I tapped a CCFL to my dome light and the thing don't work right. If I turn the domelight to on, it turns on, if I turn it to door, which is where I tapped the CCFL to work, the dome goes very dim and the CCFL works, but doesn't shut off after 30 secs. Then it gets worse and the ccfl will go off and not turn on for a while...

Any ideas?