Worst thing you have done to your new Scion

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cseika
I' don't know if this thread is still alive but, i'm gonna give mine a shot

I was drank a little too much then rebadging my Scion to Toyota. Got a Echo front Toyota emblem. Took off my Scion and put on the Toyota, I remember I was looking at it when I was done and i was proud like "Ya my ____ looks good" kinda thing. Went to sleep. Next morning came down to my garage, I was like "WTF was i doing last night!?" the I glued the emblem the wrong way as in FLIPPED. all the studs and ____ is sticking out instead of into the car!

____ feels dumb :oops:
LOL...Two things:
1. That'll teach ya to work on your car while intoxicated.
and
2. Why rebadge? Millions of people have Toyotas, but Scions are a much more exclusive crowd. I know people who still have no idea what a Scion is, and don't recognize the emblem.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Worst thing... see my topic called "Black Ice.... Accident." Thats the worst thing, but luckily I am ok and it is being fixed.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:12 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

Got an RS1.0 2 weeks ago...bro drove it today and ran a red making a left, oncoming traffic nailed him...now I need a rear bumper, quarter panel, door, and taillight
Old 11-11-2004, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member

hmm... ok i think mine was a little less than a month old. i pick up my friend and she goes in through the driver side back door and accidentally bangs it into the concrete wall, chipping some paint.

my xA was my first new car ever and i was trying not to let it get to me because it WAS an accident. but still. it hurt a little.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Here's a suggestion that helped me get my bearings. While sitting in the car, have a friend walk around the outside. Have them stand next to each corner of the car so their leg is touching the bumper. This will help give you an idea of where the edges of the car are at, even if you can't see them.

Also, remember that it's a tiny little car. You can leave a little more room between you and the curb or parking block and still not stick out.

I banged my driver's door into a cast iron lightpost, dinged but didn't break the paint. Right behind the bracing in the door so I couldn't get to it easily myself - dent guys should be able to do it.

Got a 1 x 2 inch rash on my passenger front bumper lip. That ones a mystery. I swear I didn't do it and the wife swears she didn't. I'm guessing one of us is wrong, but won't say who I think it is.

Broke my gas gauge needle when modding. Was able to Krazyglue it, but it wasn't strong enough to zero it out. I've only ran out of gas once because of it :oops:
Old 11-11-2004, 10:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheScionicMan
Here's a suggestion that helped me get my bearings. While sitting in the car, have a friend walk around the outside. Have them stand next to each corner of the car so their leg is touching the bumper. This will help give you an idea of where the edges of the car are at, even if you can't see them.
Scion Man, your my hero!!

I don't know why i had not thought of that before. maybe it was just too easy of an answer.
Old 11-12-2004, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

When I was handpainting the little dragon on my hood, I accidentally rested my hand on a line of fresh paint and drug it a little bit. I almost had a heart attack. The adrenaline rush gave me the shakes so bad, I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to finish it. Calmed myself down, cleaned it up, and made it through. At least it was fixable.

When I had my stereo system installed at Tweeter, they busted my cold cathode light, and gouged up my emergency brake handle. Never did make them fix it, cuz I can't figure out the replacement part for the light, and have no idea where to get a new brake handle.
Old 11-12-2004, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

nice painting, show a pic of it on the car
Old 11-12-2004, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Old 05-07-2007, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Drove RS 1.0 up to Woodland Park CO. I saw a 'short cut' taking half the time. But I could only drive 10 mph down the mountain into a State Park. Last 10 miles were on a four wheeler course.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wasent really my fault but it still sucked,2 weeks after i got my truck I lowered it and on the way to work that next morning I hit a freakin cat!!! and broke the bottom lip all to heck. he broke my bumper but i got that sum biotch
Old 05-08-2007, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When the box was brand new, drove to 600 + miles on the interstate for vacation in Florida. Chip in windshield, various chips on paint, etc ... Sucks but what can you do ???
JB