Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Alarm

Old 08-24-2007, 02:06 AM

Default Alarm

Does anybody car alarm go on if u hit the window with ur fist mine doesnt i dont want 2 get my car stolen
Old 08-24-2007, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do you have the upgraded unit. If so then there is an adjustment for the sensitivity on the box that is under the passanger side dash. There should be a spot to turn a dial or screw to make it more sensitive.

http://www.trdsparks.com/install/PT398-52081inst.pdf

look on page 14
Old 08-24-2007, 03:03 AM
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Probably doesn't really matter unless it is set so low it doesn't go off when the window is broken. If they are going to break the window to get in, they are going to try to do it in one hard shot.

Of course, if they know how to quickly and easily get around the whole key issue, they can easily get past the factory alarm.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

look, making your car more annoying isn't going to prevent it from getting stolen.

you can either get one of those specialy vehicle immobilizers from car and driver that keep it from starting without your special key.

or get lojack so that it is alot easier to find your car should it be stolen.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:02 AM

^what's the purpose of lojack if they find the car all jacked up with the wheels and etc. missing? That GPS is no use for me IMO.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the lojack early warning system is really neat. if your car is moving without the rf keychain being detected, they contact you via phone number, email, text message, fax, whatever, and tell you that your car is moving.

now that you are instantaneously notified that your car is moving without your consent, you can call the police and tell them your car has been stolen, and hopefully they can find and arrest whoever stole your car and beat them to the full extent of the law.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

IMO the best way to deter vehicle theft is to make it harder to steal your car than the other guys. If the would-be thief has to bypass/disable my alarm system, cut off my steering wheel lock, bypass the alarm's starter disable and the key chip, why not steal the other guy's XB without the alarm, steering wheel lock and Lojack?

While Lojack isn't really a deterrent to theft, it is a great way to put car theives behind bars when the cops raid their chop shop.

BTW, I wonder if pros might have a way to detect Lojack systems? If so, it would be a deterrent since they would have to tear the car apart to locate and disable it.