Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Fogged up OEM foglights!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 06:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Fogged up OEM foglights!

Does anyone experience leaky foglights (left one, twice!)? I have my second set replaced and it still leaks moisture in after a car wash! I just want to see if it is something common for these foglights or it is caused by my aftermarket light bulbs.

Thanks!
Old 05-14-2008, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

I have that problem with my gen 1 fog light . There is a rubber cap on the back I take that off for a few days and it goes away. check if the gen 2 fogs have it and mabey try that.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

happened to me the first time around but i just pulled it out and unfogged it with a hairdryer and no problems since.. i say check your bulbs and make sure the rubber gasket is on right
Old 05-15-2008, 06:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by miketf1
happened to me the first time around but i just pulled it out and unfogged it with a hairdryer and no problems since.. i say check your bulbs and make sure the rubber gasket is on right
Do you have aftermarket bulbs or OEM's?
Old 05-15-2008, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

swapped out to HIDs. i removed them cleared up the lens, and just checked to make sure that the rubber gasket thing on the HID was on correctly and i guess i fixed something along the line cause i havent had problems since
Old 05-16-2008, 08:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

swapped out to HIDs. i removed them cleared up the lens, and just checked to make sure that the rubber gasket thing on the HID was on correctly and i guess i fixed something along the line cause i havent had problems since
I know I know... it would be awesome! But my main problem is lack of $$$$$$ now after all the other upgrades....

Anyway, now I really think the problem is the rubber seal on the bulbs. I just couldn't believe that the moisture could get it that quick. These bulbs do fit looser than the OEM but not that loose... I think I should install the OEM back on to see if it does the same thing.

I will miss the amber though... sigh....
Old 05-16-2008, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

try switching back over to OEM and see if it fogs up. if it doesnt then take the rubber and swap it over to the HID

edit:: i dont know what its like in so-cal but up here its been pretty hot for the past three days... i dunno how your gunna test this...
Old 05-17-2008, 09:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

try switching back over to OEM and see if it fogs up. if it doesnt then take the rubber and swap it over to the HID

edit:: i dont know what its like in so-cal but up here its been pretty hot for the past three days... i dunno how your gunna test this...
I have already swapped the rubber to the 3000K halogen... I guess somehow the "flange" of the bulbs is thinner than the OEM's which does not provide enough pressure on the seal to seal the bulbs completely...

Still even though that's the case, I am still surprise how fast the moisture can get in so quickly even the bulbs are located behind the lens.