Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

OEM spoiler off Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 01:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default OEM spoiler off Ebay

I just recieved my OEM style spoiler from zigsauto (ebay seller id). The auction states, and I quote:

"Our spoilers are made of the highest quality materials, guaranteed not to crack, fade, or warp. All of our spoilers are guaranteed to fit perfect & come painted to match your vehicle. They come with all the hardware for easy installation."

Yes, it came painted... but hardware...? I don't think so I got 5 plastic tabs that I can't figure out what they are used for, and a zip tie (I assume to tie back the wiring where you have to drill one of the holes). It did not come with the bolt/nut to fix it to the hatch. I don't consider that "all hardware for easy installation".

I bought from this seller because the price was cheaper. My mistake. I strongly urge all of you NOT to buy from this seller. Pay the extra money for an OEM spoiler that comes with the template and the hardware to install. By the time I pay someone to install this, it will probably end up costing me more. I'll let you know if I hear back from the seller.

I have not been having luck with ebay this week...
Old 01-18-2008, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: OEM spoiler off Ebay

Originally Posted by broken_20_2
I just recieved my OEM style spoiler from zigsauto (ebay seller id). The auction states, and I quote:

"Our spoilers are made of the highest quality materials, guaranteed not to crack, fade, or warp. All of our spoilers are guaranteed to fit perfect & come painted to match your vehicle. They come with all the hardware for easy installation."

Yes, it came painted... but hardware...? I don't think so I got 5 plastic tabs that I can't figure out what they are used for, and a zip tie (I assume to tie back the wiring where you have to drill one of the holes). It did not come with the bolt/nut to fix it to the hatch. I don't consider that "all hardware for easy installation".

I bought from this seller because the price was cheaper. My mistake. I strongly urge all of you NOT to buy from this seller. Pay the extra money for an OEM spoiler that comes with the template and the hardware to install. By the time I pay someone to install this, it will probably end up costing me more. I'll let you know if I hear back from the seller.

I have not been having luck with ebay this week...
Sucky dude, but just FYI, the template dosen't come with, it's 24 bucks extra

I've been meaning to ebay my templates
Old 01-18-2008, 04:35 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

yup he didnt rip you off.. you have the buy the templates and mounting hardware sepreate.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by eight08customs
yup he didnt rip you off.. you have the buy the templates and mounting hardware sepreate.
Well, he will be sending me the template and mouting hardware for free. That is a bold face lie in his auction then.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So, here is the reply I just got from Zigsauto:

"Dear broken_20_2,

hi dan..the 08 scion spoiler is installed just with the tape..make sure

your car is warm & dry & wax free..premark it with a grease pencil..(
dry
fit it)..when you know where you want it peel the tape & put it on..are

spoilers are made from the best materials ,..they will not crack or
fade..how is the paint on the spoiler? let me know

-zigsauto"

WTF!? Applied with just tape!? There are 4 holes in the spoiler where it meets the car. Do you think that the factory mounting hardware would work so I could drill the holes and secure it properly? Does anyone know if I can just order the install kit from Toyota?
Old 01-18-2008, 01:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The factory spoiler has studs and threaded holes in the back, I doubt that you could add that to your spoiler.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Bigfieroman
The factory spoiler has studs and threaded holes in the back, I doubt that you could add that to your spoiler.
Thanks for the reply. I think I'm going to take it to Toyota to see if they can do anything with it. If not, I am demanding a full refund. DO NOT BUY SPOILERS FROM ZIGSAUTO!
Old 01-18-2008, 02:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Bigfieroman
Bigfieroman:

Here is what the spoiler ends look like:

Do you think there is any hope? I looks like there are threaded holes in it, I'm just missing the hardware. And, if I could get my hands on a template, I was hoping it would still work. What do you think?
Old 01-18-2008, 03:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They don't look threaded from here, they just look like holes in the fiberglass used to hold it during paintint. When I say threaded, I mean there is a metal insert in there waiting to accept the hardware. Any torque on those will tear right through.

If you take it to Toyota, they will either tell you to get lost, try to sell you the right one, or offer to install it with no guarantee for an exorbitant price.

Install it with the tape and risk it coming off some day, or return it.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

taping it on is not an option. The tape is crap, will hardly stick to my finger. Guess I will try to return it. Man, nothing is going right this week. Thanks for all your help.