Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Help! 2013 Scion xB

Old 07-07-2018, 06:31 PM

Default Help! 2013 Scion xB

Hello, and thank you in advance for your help.

Yesterday, I left my emergency lights on by accident. I didn’t drive my car for the rest of the night, so when I woke up this morning to go to work, the lights were barely flashing and my alarm wouldn’t unlocked the doors. I thought the battery was the cause, so I tried to start my car and it wouldn’t work. So I called my roadside assistance to help me out with a battery jump. They came by and put cables up to my battery and the car started. So I drove to work and later on that day when I was going home, the car started just fine, the air conditioning, the windows, and the radio. So I went home to get some paperwork that I needed and drove about a half hour to my destination. Once I got finished with my paperwork and went to my car, the car wouldn’t start. So I called roadside assistance again, thinking that I needed to get my battery jumped. So they came out and put the cables on again and it turned on, but this time the windows didn’t roll down, the AC didn’t work, the radio, the power steering didn’t work, but the car would stay on. Thinking that it was the battery, I replaced a new battery and nothing changed. I have all kinds of light indicators on my dashboard and they stay on when the car is running. I drove the car around the parking lot, but before I could drive, the shifter wouldn’t go into gear. Please make a note, I have a manual transmission. So the roadside assistance pushed a little button next to the shifter and it finally popped into gear so I can go into reverse and drive. There was no power steering and it was hard as heck to make any type of turns. I also noticed that the mile per hour gauge wouldn’t work also. Being that it was 113° and I was stuck at a parking lot with no help, was very frustrating. Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to make sure I didn’t leave anything out. I really need help with this as I don’t have the money for repairs. I’m hoping it’s something simple. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks again for your help.

*Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator

Sticky Where to Post Your Question

Last edited by MR_LUV; 07-12-2018 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator
Old 07-07-2018, 09:52 PM
SL Member

I would check your main fuses and such to see if any are blown. It’s not that uncommon for fuses to be blown when jump starting a vehicle. I’m not sure where the main fuses are on our vehicles, but found an older thread that may be helpful.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sci...lights-232211/
Old 07-08-2018, 11:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You took out the main fuses and/or some of the fusible links in the under hood fuse box. Hopefully it's just the fuses as the fusible link is a pain to replace. Most everything you listed is powered by the under hood fuse box.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:48 PM

This is my under the hood fuse box
What i found online
This is what I have going on when I start the car. They don’t shut off.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The large white block in the fuse box is the fusible link. Check them with a volt meter to make sure they are not blown.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:08 PM

Took it to the dealer and they said it was or could be the alternator. It’s definitely not charging. After that, they won’t know if it’s something else till they get power. Sheesh! I don’t know what to do. I have to have my car working. 🧐