Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Oil light on startup

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 11:21 PM

Default Oil light on startup

Hello all, I have a (fairly) new 2013 Scion xB, and I've noticed that everytime I start the car, the oil light is on for about 30 seconds, then goes away, so I'm just wanting to see if that's normal? I just had the oil changed at the dealer, but its still doing it, and while parking on a incline seems to make the oil light stay on for a longer period, it still shows up even when parking on a flat lot or garage.

The car had sat around in the dealership for some time, and while everything else seems alright, I just wanted to see if this is something I should be investigating further or not.

And just for my own reference, has anyone had any warranty claims with Scion, and how did they go? The dealership I bought from seemed great at first, but the fiasco I had to go through getting the accessories I purchased through them for the car, I'm a little worried and thinking about finding a different dealership, I'm assuming they'd still honor warranty work?

Sorry for seeming like a noob, I had zero problems with my Honda Civic before (purchased new, now at 180,000mi, not a single problem aside from the door window going out which I just fixed myself), so not certain how to go about things with the dealer for repairs.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Have you checked the level? I always check behind an oil change. If it is fine, you need to get it back in ASAP.