Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Strup Header

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 07:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fireyrguns
So i see the cxr S pipe on ebay for 99.00 but its 3" will this help or should i stay stock s pipe?
If you're going to get a new s-pipe, the 2.5" from W-R would be a much better choice than the huge 3" CXR pipe. I say keep the oem s-pipe and spend the money on other things. The oem s-pipe is 2.25" ID in and 2" ID out with relatively smooth bends. The 1.8" ID crush-bent mid-pipe is the biggest restriction, IMO. If you keep the scuba tank, I'd go with a 2-2.5" mid-pipe and axle-back. Too big and you lose velocity, too small and you add too much restriction. I'd guess that 2.25" ID is probably ideal for a NA 2AZ with basic IHE bolt-ons.

Mouse brought up some very good points about modding in the People's Republic of California. Maybe you should consider skipping the header and get the Tsudo or Strup axle-back instead. Both of them include a larger mid-pipe and you'd still be close enough to legal with both cats still intact that even the Cali SS shouldn't bother you.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionFred
Maybe you should consider skipping the header and get the Tsudo or Strup axle-back instead. Both of them include a larger mid-pipe and you'd still be close enough to legal with both cats still intact that even the Cali SS shouldn't bother you.
You meant cat-back right?
Old 05-02-2010, 06:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TrevorS
You meant cat-back right?
Indeed I did. Although having 2 cats sometimes makes the typical nomenclature a bit confusing. IIRC some header-back exhaust systems are also called cat-backs. To further add to the confusion, Strup calls their cat-back an axle-back while Tsudo calls theirs a cat-back.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionFred
Mouse brought up some very good points about modding in the People's Republic of California.
Too Funny Fred! That's pretty much it, considering how interesting it is that the governor of california came from Austria.