Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Up Date Video *5-21-2012* Finally the parts arrived yesterday.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 06:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Default Up Date Video *8-2-2014* Scuba Delete and Tsudo Dual FB V2

8-2-14 ***Finally Installed my scuba after a year later lol

Best Deals on Tsudo Scion XB 08-14 N1 Style JDM Catback Exhaust - Titanium Burnt Tip

Best Deals on Tsudo Scion Xb 08-12 Catted Race Headers + S-Pipe

*Video sent to me from SE*

My xB2 with Tsudo Set-up and TRD intake 8-2-14

Hey everyone,

Was on the Phone today with Tsudo the makers of the Tsudo dual fireball cat back exhaust. Company wants to know if the scion xB2 owners would be interested in a Scuba Tank direct replacement using a high a flow cat system with will be legal in most states* and like i said be four a direct bolt on. Pricing is unknow at this moment but once i can show them there is interest from the xB2 owners for it than i will get us the best price i could. Please post comments and if you would be interested in a high flow Scuba direct replacement ..

1.DrewxB08

Last edited by DREWxB08; 08-03-2014 at 05:22 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Me me me me me. Especially if the price point is about the same as the tC. Something that's header back, s-pipe and midpipe, would be optimal. Even if they throw in a 200 cell cat, that would help with emissions.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by xseveredveganx
Me me me me me. Especially if the price point is about the same as the tC. Something that's header back, s-pipe and midpipe, would be optimal. Even if they throw in a 200 cell cat, that would help with emissions.

There in California so if it passes there it will pass any where lol, and the pricing i don't feel it gonna be a wallet buster. Def will be a great add on for anyone with any type of exhaust since there is only one that comes with it and that's the Ebay full exhaust.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1.DrewxB08
2. flyingemu05
Old 02-17-2012, 03:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

1.DrewxB08
2. flyingemu05
3. xseveredveganx
Old 02-17-2012, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by xseveredveganx
1.DrewxB08
2. flyingemu05
3. xseveredveganx
Keep the support going guys and gals, I know this is something that a lot of owners have asked and looked for. This is our chance to get it done and made for the xB2's!!!
Old 02-17-2012, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

depending on the price and sound of the unit i would go for it. in my case i would have to weld it on
Old 02-17-2012, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by r2d2michael
depending on the price and sound of the unit i would go for it. in my case i would have to weld it on

Why would you have to weld it in?
Old 02-17-2012, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When doing the scuba replacement, have them give an option to have a muffler only, without a cat. This will be for people who can pass emissions with the front cat only (and don't need the second one) or for people who don't worry about emissions. Or it can just be for the cheapos.

Also, if it is not 304 Stainless Steel, then don't even bother

For now, add me to the list as a supporter.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

I'm not sure about other states, but my buddy with the full 3" CX Racing exhaust has no problems passing emissions. Then again, I think all they do is hook the car up to the OBD port under the dash, no sniffer. So I'd assume it's all dependant on your state.

Too much talk. Where do I spend my money. I want now.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by FromTheOld
When doing the scuba replacement, have them give an option to have a muffler only, without a cat. This will be for people who can pass emissions with the front cat only (and don't need the second one) or for people who don't worry about emissions. Or it can just be for the cheapos.

Also, if it is not 304 Stainless Steel, then don't even bother

For now, add me to the list as a supporter.
Thank you for the support, I will def let then know about the idea you had. I emailed them this post so they can see that owners are interested and ideas are flowing. I do beleave the part will def be stainless steel just not sure of the grade, I will def ask and see if they can add any other info
Old 02-18-2012, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DREWxB08
Thank you for the support, I will def let then know about the idea you had. I emailed them this post so they can see that owners are interested and ideas are flowing. I do beleave the part will def be stainless steel just not sure of the grade, I will def ask and see if they can add any other info
I'm interested in what change in vehicle responsiveness would result from increasing the "scuba" exit to 2" or even larger by this means (better or worse low-to-mid rpm torque?). I suspect anyone interested in replacing the "scuba" will already have replaced the exhaust manifold with a header, and so the pre-cat is likely already (or soon to be) gone. Speaking for myself, retaining a high flow cat following the "S"-pipe is probably mandatory. Oh, yes -- and price would definitely be a factor !
Old 02-18-2012, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Finally, the material of the muffler should be good stuff too. Do not let it just be a glasspack. I believe Tsudo mufflers are fiberglass packs, but have stainless steel mesh around the perforations to prevent the glass packing from leaking out or being effected by all of the other crap. Also, once again, ensure that the muffler is 304 stainless (but Tsudo mufflers are 304 stainless anyway).

BTW Drew, everything should be 304 stainless steel. Anyone who lives in a place that rains, etc will notice that Mild/carbon steel will rust FAST. Aluminized steel is sort of useless and not worth it...and 409 stainless steel doesn't really make sense because there is no point in cheaping out at that point.

Originally Posted by TrevorS
I'm interested in what change in vehicle responsiveness would result from increasing the "scuba" exit to 2" or even larger by this means (better or worse low-to-mid rpm torque?). I suspect anyone interested in replacing the "scuba" will already have replaced the exhaust manifold with a header, and so the pre-cat is likely already (or soon to be) gone. Speaking for myself, retaining a high flow cat following the "S"-pipe is probably mandatory. Oh, yes -- and price would definitely be a factor !
Keep in mind that some people can use an O2 sensor adapter (which people like to call a CEL eliminator) and prevent the CEL and pass emissions. Most tests for emissions I believe are just OBD2 port plug ins.

Anyways, replacing the Scuba will be beneficial because it is a baffled muffler (as most OEM designs are) and this is what causes it to be mildly restrictive. If they use a muffler, I highly suggest they use a big oval one. This gives the most packing material possible without going too close to the actual ground. Finally, people need to get rid of the idea of needing backpressure. A larger exit would not hurt low-end torque or mid-range power/torque, as long as it wasn't too large. Something along the lines of a 3 inch exhaust would probably shift the powerband towards the higher RPMs. 2.25/2.5 inches would be ideal for this car, as it's a naturally aspirated 2.4L.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FromTheOld
Keep in mind that some people can use an O2 sensor adapter (which people like to call a CEL eliminator) and prevent the CEL and pass emissions. Most tests for emissions I believe are just OBD2 port plug ins.

Anyways, replacing the Scuba will be beneficial because it is a baffled muffler (as most OEM designs are) and this is what causes it to be mildly restrictive. If they use a muffler, I highly suggest they use a big oval one. This gives the most packing material possible without going too close to the actual ground. Finally, people need to get rid of the idea of needing backpressure. A larger exit would not hurt low-end torque or mid-range power/torque, as long as it wasn't too large. Something along the lines of a 3 inch exhaust would probably shift the powerband towards the higher RPMs. 2.25/2.5 inches would be ideal for this car, as it's a naturally aspirated 2.4L.
I'm already using a CEL Eliminator to get past lack of a pre-cat, however, even if an OBDII scan is sufficient to pass my inspection, I frankly prefer to keep a damper on my real world emissions. The air and ozone layer gets beaten up enough without me contributing !

Downsides to me are more noise and less low-to-mid torque, if noise is held similar and torque/responsiveness materially improves, I'd be interested .
Old 02-18-2012, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TrevorS
I'm already using a CEL Eliminator to get past lack of a pre-cat, however, even if an OBDII scan is sufficient to pass my inspection, I frankly prefer to keep a damper on my real world emissions. The air and ozone layer gets beaten up enough without me contributing !

Downsides to me are more noise and less low-to-mid torque, if noise is held similar and torque/responsiveness materially improves, I'd be interested .
Well, yeah, but like I said, that's why you give people an option for a muffler only setup vs a muffler+cat setup. A muffler only setup would be cheaper, and people might prefer it over having a cat.

Also, you won't have less low-to-mid torque if you increase the size to an appropriate amount. As I said, 2.25/2.5 inch will most likely not hurt that powerband range at all, and just increase noise. But the increase in noise can be offset by a properly sized muffler. Since this is Tsudo, they will most likely use their own mufflers which is fine, but for the best damping, you need a big muffler, or a muffler with good packing material like Tanabe's material, or pure stainless steel mesh (which is HEAVY).
Old 02-18-2012, 04:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why would you have to weld it in?

some how when i put on my weapon r header + s-pipe and strup cat back the midpipe and sucuba tank got twisted and i could not geat a seal on ether gasket before and after scuba. so i had the flange on the scuba cut off then twisted the scuba and rewelded it. but did not pay to get a flange welded back on. so now i have "one" pipe that is the scuba + mid pipe + cat back back lol.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

would replacing any of the exhaust components void a factory warranty? (from the tip to the header) i dont have emmissions testing, just concerned about the warranty.

What kinda price? and would they offer a better deal if purchasing the fireball setup as well as the cat replacement, like a package deal?
Old 02-18-2012, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by turd.ferguson
would replacing any of the exhaust components void a factory warranty? (from the tip to the header) i dont have emmissions testing, just concerned about the warranty.

What kinda price? and would they offer a better deal if purchasing the fireball setup as well as the cat replacement, like a package deal?
#1. No, it wouldn't void the warranty....
#2. Price is TBD, as stated.
#3. That has nothing to do with this thread, but you sound like you really want it for cheap. It shouldn't be too expensive in theory anyway.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Thanks everyone for throwing there ideas and thoughts about this. I hope to have more info on Monday from Taudo, once again I emailed them this link so to show what is flowing!!! Keep this alive and ideas coming and I hope to have more info and questions answered on Monday...!
Old 02-18-2012, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would think that they would want to use 2.5" pipe, since their own Tsudo cat-back dual exhaust is 2.5", as well as the Strup cat-back single exhaust, and the Weapon-R s-pipe. That would keep a consistent pipe diameter for the majority of exhaust mods done to the 2nd-gen xB. The only cat-back exhaust that is 2.25" is the MagnaFlow, and while they make a great product, I think far fewer owners buy it due to the significantly higher cost.

Quick Reply: Up Date Video *5-21-2012* Finally the parts arrived yesterday.