Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

The CXR Turbo kit thread (Old pics on pg 3,4,5 & 7) Redux pics on pg 16!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

take whatever time you think any car will run take a second off of it cause of our 20% thinner air just the way it works

to put it into perspective a stock gto runs a 16 flat up here gt mustangs mid 15s with a good driver srt4s run a mid 15 stock here it the fact the track is 6200ft above sealevel
i got my car to go 16.7 stock here and that 14.5 was with a 2.5 60 ft
Old 08-21-2009, 09:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh and my car wont fit on a tow truck with it breaks it gets the good old tow chain lol and some ones got to find the weekspots since no shops are stepping out and making products the weak link is the clutch be or the old weak link was the stage 5 clutch masters and when i brooke that i was like say huh
Old 08-23-2009, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by coryjames
take whatever time you think any car will run take a second off of it cause of our 20% thinner air just the way it works

to put it into perspective a stock gto runs a 16 flat up here gt mustangs mid 15s with a good driver srt4s run a mid 15 stock here it the fact the track is 6200ft above sealevel
i got my car to go 16.7 stock here and that 14.5 was with a 2.5 60 ft
You must have meant to add 2 seconds to 1/4 mile times because of the altitude. STI's, GT's, SRT4's and GTO's run mid-high 13's closer to MSL. Given the power to weight ratios, you should lose to them unless you're making more hp than what you said. Anyway, good job beating them.

I'm glad you didn't take my "frequent tow package" remark the wrong way. I just meant that when you're pushing the envelope, as you are, you're bound to break some stuff along the way. What clutch are you planning to put in next?
Old 09-04-2009, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Update: New manifold and Tial F38 waiting on a new DP. Hopefully I'll be boosted again next week. Doing it right with studs installed in the cast mani.

Yes, I really need to clean my workbench!
Old 09-04-2009, 09:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Good to see ya back in the mix...Glad you got things worked out...
Old 09-04-2009, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hellls yeah going to the track soon going to hit some low 12s i hope oh yeah you get a waay to tune it and is that the same turbo? i have a t3/4 b housing turbo for sale if you want it 200 bucks 82 ar housing got it from a friend in very good shape was on his car for a tune then he said its not big enough so he gave it to me for a steal
Old 09-05-2009, 03:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by coryjames
hellls yeah going to the track soon going to hit some low 12s i hope oh yeah you get a waay to tune it and is that the same turbo? i have a t3/4 b housing turbo for sale if you want it 200 bucks 82 ar housing got it from a friend in very good shape was on his car for a tune then he said its not big enough so he gave it to me for a steal
Good luck at the track, you're gonna need it to run low 12's way up there. I'm gonna give the ECU one more try before plunking down $900 for an FIC and harness. Thanks for the turbo offer. That's a great deal but I think I'll stick with this one for a while longer. After reading all about how Chinese turbos don't last a week from people who wouldn't touch one with a ten foot pole and never have, I'm curious to see just how long this one lasts. It's only got 2 months and 2000 miles on it so far.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:48 AM

i have cxr racing turbo kit 750 injectors descendent racing fuel rail and aem fic after tune got a cam sensor position code 16? and sometimes during cold start it stutters at acceleration like its bogging down also boom slang pnp i posted this question on tc forum no answer i dont know if tuner used old software or hex104 aem says old software doesnt really know how to intercept the sensor and this update might help but if i loaded myself it will throw the tune off because software works different is this true
Old 09-05-2009, 11:50 AM

oh i forgot 240whp at 282fpt
Old 09-05-2009, 12:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by phantomxb
i have cxr racing turbo kit 750 injectors descendent racing fuel rail and aem fic after tune got a cam sensor position code 16? and sometimes during cold start it stutters at acceleration like its bogging down also boom slang pnp i posted this question on tc forum no answer i dont know if tuner used old software or hex104 aem says old software doesnt really know how to intercept the sensor and this update might help but if i loaded myself it will throw the tune off because software works different is this true
How was the tune done? On a dyno, yes?

Old software - this is the OS for the AEM piggy, yes? If so, this could wipe the tune with the upgraded OS. It would be in your best interest to go back to where you had the tune done & have them do the upgrade.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You might want to look into the resistor mod, some guys on tc side were having similar issues with cam signal. I would def check your fic hex file you can save your map and update your fic then convert your map to the new fic software/slave version.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I asked Boomslang about the resistor and they told me that it's in their harness. Like Tainoxl said, you can save your tune file (*.fi6), update your FIC firmware and reinstall your tune file. I doubt that changing the firmware will affect your tune but anything is possible. Try asking at the AEM forum. http://forum.aempower.com/forum/inde...oard,89.0.html

Thanks Yelosub and nice hp/tq numbers phantomxb.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:48 AM

thanx fred for props on hp tq and all who gave input took to tuner he change the low rpm load afr and that solve the stuttering cold start. however if i update firmware you where right it will change the tune cause it works different then he have to charge for re tune but not 100% sure tainoxl im afriad to upgrade os to new like you said might mess up current tune not sure should i try maybe i live with the stupid code oh aem said it will change tune
Old 09-06-2009, 11:57 AM

BAD NEWS CXR HEADER JUST CRACKED WHERE TURBO BOLTS TO HEADER not at the flang but where the pipes weld to the flang there you have it that header did look questionable now you know fyi cxr is near me and kevin is always open to exchanging maybe he knows its cheap this is my second turbo the other got shaft vibration after driving to scion independence in arizona i guess you get what you pay for
Old 09-06-2009, 12:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanx fred for props on hp tq and all who gave input took to tuner he change the low rpm load afr and that solve the stuttering cold start. however if i update firmware you where right it will change the tune cause it works different then he have to charge for re tune but not 100% sure tainoxl im afriad to upgrade os to new like you said might mess up current tune not sure should i try maybe i live with the stupid code oh aem said it will change tune
With most of the available management, the tune is on top of the OS. Think of it as a reflash. This puts the tune at high risk. If you don't need the firmware-OS, for an optimal tune, don't install it.

After the low rpm laod AFR change, has the code 16 come back?
Old 09-06-2009, 12:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BAD NEWS CXR HEADER JUST CRACKED WHERE TURBO BOLTS TO HEADER not at the flang but where the pipes weld to the flang there you have it that header did look questionable now you know fyi cxr is near me and kevin is always open to exchanging maybe he knows its cheap this is my second turbo the other got shaft vibration after driving to scion independence in arizona i guess you get what you pay for
Go to page 10. You & Fred with mani cracks.

This is the kind of stuff that should not fail. It's a big PITA, I really feel for you.......
Old 09-07-2009, 02:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Steve60
Go to page 10. You & Fred with mani cracks.

This is the kind of stuff that should not fail. It's a big PITA, I really feel for you.......
Kevin should switch over to a different design/cast iron soon
Old 09-07-2009, 02:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FromTheOld
Kevin should switch over to a different design/cast iron soon
For a street setup - cast iron rules.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i run tubular and that sucks about the manifold sorry adel i member when it happend to fred anyways youll get it sorted out but a cast mani is a good idea make sure you stud the wastegate not bolt it
Old 09-11-2009, 10:32 AM

sorry took so long to get back thanks for all the input i reinforced the crack myself with my mig welder but boy it was sloppy lots of clean up its holding well i called kevin he says he replace for have price better just to buy cast and fab down pipe for future im already unhappy with performance i raced chevy ssr with vette engine barely could keep up a car length now im hungry for more power my exhaust is still standard just strait pipe to the mangnaflow do i need 3 inch from secondary o2 back? wow they where not kidding in turbo vs supercharger reviews they are somewhat problamatic?

Quick Reply: The CXR Turbo kit thread (Old pics on pg 3,4,5 & 7) Redux pics on pg 16!