Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Help a newb with questions!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2019, 01:31 PM
SL Member

Default Help a newb with questions!

Ok, so I just inherited my wife's 2014 xB. We bought it new in the Summer of '14, currently has 64,000 miles on it. Only mods are window tint and visors.

This will be my DD, so I have to make some changes. First of all is a complete detail. My wife drove it, period. I do all our car's maintenance, so I would wash it and clean the trash out periodically. My daughter then drove it for about a year and reinforced my opinion that girls do not take care of cars. I had to get several scratches out of the paint, and added the door rub-strips on the sides. Next thing is I'm going to have to shampoo the interior. That;s the easy stuff.

What I really need help with is some interior mods. I simply must have Sirius XM radio- this has the stock Pioneer radio. I have searched/read threads/researched online what I need to make this happen and I am lost and overwhelmed!

1). Can someone answer or point me to exactly what parts I need to make this happen- I know I need a receiver and an antenna, but I can't find the Scion-Toyota parts specific for this. I did this to an '05 Honda Crv, so I know I can handle the install, but can't find the parts... Also, what does the OEM Satellite antenna look like? Where was it mounted?

2). Is there any option for a glove box lock?

3). I want to do the optional leather steering wheel- who has the best price on this?

4). Do all of the interior switches light up? -are they supposed to? = the mirror adjustment buttons, gauge light dimmer, radio control buttons on the steering wheel (my 'mode' button lights up only).

Thanks a bunch for any help!

Here's what I'm working with:

Old 12-15-2019, 12:04 AM
SL Member

anyone?