Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

iOS Lightning Cable Made by Toyota

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 07:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default iOS Lightning Cable Made by Toyota

Has anyone tried using the 30 pin to lightning adaptor on their stock toyota cable? I'm talking about the foot long one that goes to the center console with the toyota plug on the end. I keep checking to see if they will start selling a stock cable with the a lightning connector for my iphone 5 and I'll love if they could fix the non charging issue. I have the scosche adoptor that I used for awhile but now with my new phone it will suck to have that and the lightning adoptor. What a cluster!
Old 12-13-2012, 04:23 AM

I use the lightning adapter on my 08 XB and it controls the music but it still dosent charge . I'm thinking of swapping out the center console to the newer USB plug so I can charge+control music.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i am planning on putting an ipad mini in the dash of my car (removable) once the 2013s are available for order... i am trying to find something similar to what you are looking for... in my case, i want to somehow wire the lightning cable to the car's electrical system and have it charge my ipad when it's in the car... i am sure this information is somewhere but i have not found it yet..........
Old 12-13-2012, 07:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by lowsignal
I use the lightning adapter on my 08 XB and it controls the music but it still dosent charge . I'm thinking of swapping out the center console to the newer USB plug so I can charge+control music.
Are you talking about changing the entire console? And to what? I didn't realize there is a newer version with a USB plug. Would that come out of a newer xB? My concern is how to interface with the radio. I'm sure that the wire that connects the back of the radio to the center console has some proprietary plug on it. If you exchanged the center console would you also need a new wire to go from the new console to the radio?
Old 12-15-2012, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by rjjone2
Are you talking about changing the entire console? And to what? I didn't realize there is a newer version with a USB plug. Would that come out of a newer xB? My concern is how to interface with the radio. I'm sure that the wire that connects the back of the radio to the center console has some proprietary plug on it. If you exchanged the center console would you also need a new wire to go from the new console to the radio?
The newer XB 2011 and higher have a USB port(this charges and plays) while the older XBs have a proprietary plug to 30pin cable(charges OLDER ipod/iphones and plays). If you change the center console from what I understand you have to change the wire from the console to the radio. This is just a huge PITA just to charge and play music. I ordered a Scosche passPORT USB charging adapter from Amazon that was supposed to fix this issue but it still wont charge my iPhone 5. I returned that and ordered the CableJive dockStubz Charge Converter and 30-pin Pass Through Adapter and still no luck.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:51 AM

This is what you need the only problem I have found is this plus the 30 pin to lightening adapter is a bit much to have hanging off the bottom of an iPod/iPad but it charges fine
Old 02-14-2013, 03:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

adding to my previous post, fwiw:

i am getting a '13 xb and im planning on hardwiring an iphone 5/ipad charger into it. i bought this from belkin: http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F8J090b.../dp/B00AIQHQZS

i plan on taking that and following this post to hardwire it: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-ice-interior-1616/howto-hardwire-12v-accessories-your-scion-gps-radar-78783/

i use my phone a lot for navigation and i will also be using an ipad mini in the car for my media so this is the route i plan to take.