Default 2008 Scion Xb with video and 91 high res pics

It was dugg..... yay.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/02/08/c...and-less-boxy/
http://digg.com/design/2008_Scion_xB...igh_res_images
Old 02-09-2007, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok... ive looked at every pic possible... i h8 it. period. it used to be a crossover or hatch car. now its a suv or mini suv.

the only reason the upped the engine is to compensate for the extra foot of length and width of the vehicle. its a shame imho they changed it sooooooo much to look suvish
Old 02-09-2007, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice picture gallery on Autoblog
Old 02-09-2007, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I love how the Scion rep says they listened to current Scion owners when designing the new xB, lol. Really?? Could have fooled me on that one.

The kits do make it look a bit better, but would shoot the cost up pretty high. Besides, if you sprinkle sugar on a turd, isnt it still a turd underneath??

Im pretty much done with them. There is absolutely NOTHING special about the xB now. I mean, seriously. Look at this thing now:

WTF were they thinking??
Old 02-09-2007, 05:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

well in defense of scion I can recall several people in my area wanting the t2B as opposed to the xB.....me personally I can forgive the ugliness of the exterior for the interior and upped power.

Which leads me to my second point hit the drivetrain power section on the xB and look back you will find tons of threads on engine swap from people unhappy with lack of pep (me I like my gen one)

Just stating there are a bunch of us (including me) that are purist to the brand so I guess change no matter how sutle with cause disagreements with the direction of scion. But the majority of people at one point in time complained enough on boards like these and marketing interviews to warrant scion in their best intrest to modify the car as they have.

I just wish they would bring the next gen bB over here.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:44 AM
5 Year Member

having owned an rs1.0 xB since 2004, I was eagerly awaiting this newest rendition. To say that I am dissappointed is an understatement. Toyota seems to have abandoned all that made the xB what it is, or rather was. Being 6'4", I was initially amazed with the xB's roof height (as well as the 34mpg city that I am still getting 30k mi later). I remember bragging about that on this very site. Apparently the visual has become more important than the functional.
This car is no longer the wonderfully original eyecatcher. It has become just another hatchback, blending and mixing in the crowd of imports and domestics already out there. Inspiring comments like "it resembles a mini or VW" or God forbid "a Dodge Caliber rebody" instead of it being unmistakably Scion. I would expect move this from GM or D-C, but I had hoped for more from Toyota. You guys should have stuck to the original plan of renaming and reinventing.
Needless to say I will not be adding a "poser xB" to the garage.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Banned
SL Member

^^^^ so you were one of those unlucky few who had they RS1 tag lost at port? Man, that sucks. Kinda hard to explain how your #2106A out of 2100.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I remember that thread.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:38 PM
5 Year Member

Yep.....2106a out of 2100.
Never have mounted the plate for that reason. It is the only one in the area so that keeps the "rarity" fresh. I just hope that lessons were learned so that any newer RS won't have the same mistake.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:38 PM

I'm new here and all - but I might be the only one here that has actually DRIVEN that car. i was one of the precision drivers that drove the 5-Axis xB.

I was quite impressed with it actually. It was comfortable had a ton of standard features - and after being around the car for 3 days - I grew to really dig how it looks. Until you see it in person - I would reserve judgement. I hate the first gen xB - but never took the time to really look at it closely and avoided spending any time around them. The new one will not disappoint.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:42 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by millerracer
I'm new here and all - but I might be the only one here that has actually DRIVEN that car. i was one of the precision drivers that drove the 5-Axis xB.

I was quite impressed with it actually. It was comfortable had a ton of standard features - and after being around the car for 3 days - I grew to really dig how it looks. Until you see it in person - I would reserve judgement. I hate the first gen xB - but never took the time to really look at it closely and avoided spending any time around them. The new one will not disappoint.
Good point.
I guess my dissappointment is that the xB-ish qualities seem to be gone. While this may be a fine addition, perhaps my real complaint is the name carry over.

Oh, and the dash mounted shifter thing. That is not going to "grow" on me.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:47 PM

I can understand. It loses all the boxiness that the xB has been known for. To me - it brings me in to the category as a car I would get for myself. I would have never bought the toaster . From talking to the engineers - the response on the t2b was go great - the modeled the xB after those features. I personally like them - and I'm an audi driver and hate sport utes - if that tells you anything. For the money - would bea perfect car to buy for the wife. functional, lots of room and fun to drive around myself.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by whatmovesu
well in defense of scion I can recall several people in my area wanting the t2B as opposed to the xB.....
I love my xB, and hate the new one. and thought I'd say it's probably 50/50 whether I woulda chose the t2B over the xB if they were the same price at the dealership, the t2B this new car is definitely not.

https://www.scionlife.com/scion/t2b/

is not

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2008-scion-xb

everything "cool" about the exterior of the t2B was taken away, the head/tail lights how they fit in the car instead of protrude out, the whole front end(which is the main ugliness of this new one), even the rear is better imo.

the front interiors of both are pretty bad, but at least you can have your own disco in the t2B.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If they would have came out with the t2b as it was with the same (or better) gas mileage for around the same price, I would have gotten it.

This new xB IS NOT the t2b. The interior isnt EVEN close to the same. And where are the suicide doors or the sliding door?? They didnt have to put both on the new one, but at least something similar??