Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

AutoBlog Leaks 2008 Scion xB Photos

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 05:27 PM

I noticed that in the pics there was cruise control!!! Finally!!!
Old 01-30-2007, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I ____ing hate people who play games... these are obviously pics that were taken and then put through photoshop - what an _______ move on the part of the person that took the pictures.

no stress tho - we'll see it when it comes out. these spy shots were taken by a stupid spy that obviously doesnt know what spy shots are. might as well have taken a ____ing picture of a tree - either way, we still dont have a good idea of what the thing looks like.

____ed off at idiots,
- sh00k
Old 01-30-2007, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So it seriously has ONE offset reverse light??

I don't like that...

The back reminds me of a Chevy Trailblazer.

-THE DON
Old 01-30-2007, 06:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by midtowndesi
I flippin' hate people who play games... these are obviously pics that were taken and then put through photoshop - what an butthole move on the part of the person that took the pictures.

no stress tho - we'll see it when it comes out. these spy shots were taken by a stupid spy that obviously doesnt know what spy shots are. might as well have taken a flippin' picture of a tree - either way, we still dont have a good idea of what the thing looks like.

____ed off at idiots,
- sh00k
well, as much as I'd agree with you, but the catch is if this was taken by someone other than toyota. Since it's toyota, kudos, should've released it a little sooner though. The front end I have a good idea how it looks, (or so I think from the descriptions) it was always the back and the center console that had me questioning, but absolutely awesome indeed. So, if the front is how I think, I'm gonna say good bye to the current lunchbx and get me a xB² (yes I am going to refer it to as xB ²)
Old 01-30-2007, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks like a caravan. what made the xb different is getting watered down to look more like american minivans.

&I can't stand that stick in the middle of the dash console, that was one big reason i couldn't buy the element.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

^^^ At least it's not as bad as the last-gen Civic Si:
Old 01-30-2007, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If the new xB ends up getting better MPG than our Fit, is around the same price, has some cool seat configurations AND has good crash test results I'd highly consider getting one. I LOVE the old-school xB and was only put off by the crash tests.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:39 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by lufoxe
Originally Posted by midtowndesi
I flippin' hate people who play games... these are obviously pics that were taken and then put through photoshop - what an butthole move on the part of the person that took the pictures.

no stress tho - we'll see it when it comes out. these spy shots were taken by a stupid spy that obviously doesnt know what spy shots are. might as well have taken a flippin' picture of a tree - either way, we still dont have a good idea of what the thing looks like.

____ed off at idiots,
- sh00k
well, as much as I'd agree with you, but the catch is if this was taken by someone other than toyota. Since it's toyota, kudos, should've released it a little sooner though. The front end I have a good idea how it looks, (or so I think from the descriptions) it was always the back and the center console that had me questioning, but absolutely awesome indeed. So, if the front is how I think, I'm gonna say good bye to the current lunchbx and get me a xB² (yes I am going to refer it to as xB ²)
they did the photoshop filter hoping that they wouldn't get in trouble as no pictures were supposed to be taken and those who saw the cars prior to the chicago event had to sign an agreement...

somehow, obviously someone was able to take these pics.. and now has leaked them online.. thinking it'd be safe to put a filter... but nonetheless, they are still in breach of the agreement and still thus, will face consequences.

seriously... the dumbest move was taking the pictures in the first place.

Toyota and Scion has been taking care of their customers for a long time.... how stupid must one be to disrespect their wishes of wanting to wait for the Chicago Auto Show to reveal them?

i know spy spots get taken... but they went great lengths to keep the new cars underwraps for a very long time...

for someone to not be able to wait just over a week.... wow... how impatient are people?!?! by then, they wouldn't have to hide their photos behind a photoshop filter!

[/rant]
Old 01-30-2007, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member

Is there a way to reverse the filter through photoshop?
Old 01-30-2007, 08:16 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

no.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by THE_DON
So it seriously has ONE offset reverse light??

I don't like that...

The back reminds me of a Chevy Trailblazer.

-THE DON
and the light is on the wrong side...
should be on the curb side...
Old 01-30-2007, 08:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

People haven't been just waiting a week. If so, I could see the need to call people impatient.

While you could argue some may have been waiting to see the new one since the first xB came out, as soon as it was mentioned that the current xB is going out of production and is being replaced by "something", from that day we're all waiting. that's what a fan does. see we're interested in our cars, the brand and what new thing is on the horizon.

We all know how it works, say you're into video games, and then when the new big video game system or game is mentioned as "coming out soon" many of us don't wait until the day everyone else gets to see it at retail with everyone else before we base our decision on buying one.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Packy
If the new xB ends up getting better MPG than our Fit, is around the same price, has some cool seat configurations AND has good crash test results I'd highly consider getting one. I LOVE the old-school xB and was only put off by the crash tests.
ur worried about safety, but you bought a Fit? wtf...
Old 01-30-2007, 08:52 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

it was more towards the fact that yes.. people have been waiting for a very long time..

but they couldn't wait 1 more week... was what i was more ranting about.

even after the revealing.. there's going to be alot of time still for people to make their decisions before they start distribution... so there's really still no excuse.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree with TeeCizzle... the back looks like a Honda Pilot.. my mom has one.

man, what happened to the t2B?
Old 01-30-2007, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by tCheesy

man, what happened to the t2B?
hopefully it is dead...

and so should this one be...

both are hideous.

its not like the gen 1 xB, where you love it or hate it...there is no love or hate with this, just plain ugly.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:03 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just a drawing snaffled from somewhere else and modified a bit to more fit what I remembered. Not totally accurate, but fairly close.

Not that much longer until you see the real thing, folks, not long at all.

Tom
Old 01-30-2007, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart
even after the revealing.. there's going to be alot of time still for people to make their decisions before they start distribution... so there's really still no excuse.
but people want the decision to buy a current gen xB or buy a new one if they are/look better. Someone posted that in my area(seattle) you are just abuot S.O.L. if you want a current gen. So the info would have been nice to prospective scion car buyers.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

From all of the pictures I've seen, it will probably be a nice car, decent price, and more horsepower than before. If I were in the market for a new car, I'd probably get one.

With that said...

I won't be running out to trade in my OG xB for one...

-THE DON
Old 01-30-2007, 09:33 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, I think they have another winner here - not quite the same 'cult following' sort of feel to the xB2, but still something that is a good, positive move into the future of Scion.

All that being said, though, I'm still much more an xB Classic sort of person. :D

Tom

Quick Reply: AutoBlog Leaks 2008 Scion xB Photos