Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

BLU Logic - Accessory released for xB

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Keep in mind that the dealership price of $299 includes installation. If you can do it yourself, great, but after looking at the installation instructions, I might be willing to pay the extra $120 to have them do it and include the Toyota warranty.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:49 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just noticed that one for the tC has a different part #, and it's labeled "XL button." Not sure what that means.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:01 PM

here is a pic of what the kit looks like
Old 02-16-2009, 11:06 PM

heres the kit installed on my xb2

Old 02-17-2009, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What is sound quality like?
Old 02-18-2009, 06:14 PM
SL Member

where do they suggest to put that answer/end button if you have the scion security
Old 02-18-2009, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Gonna ask one more time, whats the sound quality like?
Old 02-18-2009, 06:32 PM
SL Member

it kinda depends on your audio system......... I have factory spks (for now) and my D3 has the bluetooth add on and it sounds great, so I would venture to say it probably doesnt sound bad but thats my two cents
Old 02-24-2009, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by w1ck3d714
here is a pic of what the kit looks like
Have you tried pairing it with a music phone? Do you know yet if it supports A2DP? If so, I'm getting it for my xD.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by bego
where do they suggest to put that answer/end button if you have the scion security
From what I saw, down by the traction control - I've got a problem - went to my dealer today to have my "we owe" stuff installed - looks like they didn't do it!! I'm ANGRY because it means another day of running around, having to hire a cab to get me home while I leave my car there for hours. Another wasted day. Leaving a BITTER taste in my mouth RE the service department
Old 02-27-2009, 05:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If they f'd up, they should definitely pay for a rental car for you. When I bought my xB the dealership paid for a rental car for the day they had to have it back to do the Navi install. If they won't cover it, your dealership sucks, and you should spread the word.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by CIONIDE
If they f'd up, they should definitely pay for a rental car for you. When I bought my xB the dealership paid for a rental car for the day they had to have it back to do the Navi install. If they won't cover it, your dealership sucks, and you should spread the word.
The big problem is it's my wife's wheels, but being I'm out on medical leave (tomorrow is my last day out) I have to take care of it. As usual, in the evening, we have to do the Mom/Dad taxi thing. If it wasn't for that, I could just pick my wife up at the train. As it is, I have to drop it off at service, get HOME to my truck, do my stuff for the day, then get back to service, get it, get my son, drop my son at soccer, pick up my wife, drop her at her evening activity, wait 1 hour, get wife, get son, then go home. Basically, leaving us with one car totally messes us up
Old 02-27-2009, 06:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why would anyone pay $300 for this when you can get a better entire head unit with bluetooth and so much more for that price?
Old 02-27-2009, 06:59 AM
SL Member

^^ That is what I am all about, but at the same time its a good solution especially if you dont need an upgraded stereo. Also keeping it factory helps with theft issues... A drawback on doing this system is that if your factory deck goes out, will this bluetooth work with an aftermarket deck.........
Old 03-02-2009, 02:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This Saturday I had the BLU logic installed in my xb. Next to the traction control and the microphone in front of the gauge cluster. Install looks nice and clean, but there are two things that I am concerned about.
1) Its not very loud, even on maximum volume. It's difficult to hear what people are saying without concentration, especially at highway speed with all of the wind noise. I'm assuming this is normal and it just isn't that loud, correct?
2) The inherent static buzz that is always in the back ground. My father has a new Tundra with blue tooth and it is crystal clear. Given that this part is sold through Toyota, would you expect the same quality?
This fuzzy background noise is normal for this BLU logic, I guess, right?
Old 03-02-2009, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by mc1200s
This Saturday I had the BLU logic installed in my xb. Next to the traction control and the microphone in front of the gauge cluster. Install looks nice and clean, but there are two things that I am concerned about.
1) Its not very loud, even on maximum volume. It's difficult to hear what people are saying without concentration, especially at highway speed with all of the wind noise. I'm assuming this is normal and it just isn't that loud, correct?
2) The inherent static buzz that is always in the back ground. My father has a new Tundra with blue tooth and it is crystal clear. Given that this part is sold through Toyota, would you expect the same quality?
Doesn't sound right - mine is clear, and with the volume up nearly blows me out the window...
Old 03-02-2009, 04:44 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by mc1200s
I take it by what your saying you didnt install it yourself? the only thing I can think of off the top or my head would be some kind of gain or sound output dial on the bluetooth brain..
Old 03-03-2009, 02:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My local Toyota dealership installed my BLU logic. I will take it back to them this Saturday and see iff there are gains on the unit that can be turned up.
Right now, I would say that it is not worth it. We will see if my opinion changes this weekend.

Too quite and too fuzzy.

Secondly, it seems as if my blue logic only goes through my front speakers. Is that how it's supposed to be? I would think that the tweeters and rear speakers would also cary the phone conversation.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

definitely sounds like a mistake on the install.

Regarding a headset. I personally don't like theear peice. Although it is convenient, while driving I don't like the fact that one of my ears is covered/obstructed. Usually the right side, which is usually the "detecting" ear, for most. It can be distracting. Not to mention muffle sounds that come from my right. Not to mention muffles the music a bit.

Btw, regarding the install Price. The Part's MSRP is $229. The Scion only charges $70 for install. You're only saving $50 if you buy it from TRD sparks. But if you have the dealer install it, they'd probably charge the standard dealer rate, since you didn't buy the part from them. So you'll pay like $100+ anyway. And if you have someone else install it, it's not covered under the car's warranty. Way too much hassle for my taste. Your overall savings, unless you are an automotive electronics installer, wouldn't be much, anyways.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mb2008
Why would anyone pay $300 for this when you can get a better entire head unit with bluetooth and so much more for that price?
I've heard that most Head units that have built in bluetooth are not that great(sound pick up quality) at least the ones that are 300.00 and below you would have to get something high end?

This looks pretty cool though , I like the call pick up button how thety intergrated it by the shifter. I would probably switch the Hazard button with the call button location.
I went with a Parrot Bluetooth System (CK3000) its great, the sound quality is pretty impressive and there is minimal, if any, road noise. I was also looking for something stealthy, which is why I went with the smaller version. Ill post pics tonight.

Good find though

Quick Reply: BLU Logic - Accessory released for xB