Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

BLU Logic - Accessory released for xB

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 11:38 PM
SL Member

Default working better?

Originally Posted by mc1200s
This Saturday I had the BLU logic installed in my xb. Next to the traction control and the microphone in front of the gauge cluster. Install looks nice and clean, but there are two things that I am concerned about.
1) Its not very loud, even on maximum volume. It's difficult to hear what people are saying without concentration, especially at highway speed with all of the wind noise. I'm assuming this is normal and it just isn't that loud, correct?
2) The inherent static buzz that is always in the back ground. My father has a new Tundra with blue tooth and it is crystal clear. Given that this part is sold through Toyota, would you expect the same quality?
This fuzzy background noise is normal for this BLU logic, I guess, right?
Was wondering if dealer fix the sound prob?
Old 04-04-2009, 02:11 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by BBN-Boys
I'm wondering if this Blu Logic will work with the Scion Navigation System head unit? Anybody knows?
Insatll pdf from TRD shows the Scion nav system in the install pictures....
Old 04-04-2009, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

You could always get the RS 6.0 with Bluetooth in the nav if the BlueLogic is not for you. We are getting a lot of our vehicles for the Toyota side with Blue Logic in them
Old 05-14-2009, 11:48 PM

Anyone knows the shop or dealer in Michigan that installs Blu logic hand free with cheap price? i was asked the dealer near to my house . they said $229 for part and $221 for labor so the total is $450 . I feel i want it but i cant afford that much money . i saw alot of website of scion like helloscion.com or scionnews.net they said $299 for total including installed. I have no idea how the heck they charge me more than the value of part.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Buy the BLU Logic system from TRDsparks for $179:
http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...&parts_id=2848
and install it yourself, it's really pretty easy:
http://www.trdsparks.com/install/PT923-00090instxB.pdf
then spend all the $$ you saved on some other mods.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:36 AM

Thanks for the website but i never trust myself again lol because i got messed up once on my Navigation so i gave up .
Old 05-15-2009, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: working better?

Originally Posted by gt1948
Originally Posted by mc1200s
This Saturday I had the BLU logic installed in my xb. Next to the traction control and the microphone in front of the gauge cluster. Install looks nice and clean, but there are two things that I am concerned about.
1) Its not very loud, even on maximum volume. It's difficult to hear what people are saying without concentration, especially at highway speed with all of the wind noise. I'm assuming this is normal and it just isn't that loud, correct?
2) The inherent static buzz that is always in the back ground. My father has a new Tundra with blue tooth and it is crystal clear. Given that this part is sold through Toyota, would you expect the same quality?
This fuzzy background noise is normal for this BLU logic, I guess, right?
Was wondering if dealer fix the sound prob?
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.
Yes the dealership fixed the problem. They removed the head unit they had found that the clip/attachment plugging into the radio was cracked. They ordered me a new unit and replaced it free under warranty. Sounds 10X better.
Wish it was a little louder, not as loud as the set up in a tundra limited, but it is sufficient. I'm a little deaf as it is anyway.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:26 PM

I have the Blu Logic installed in my 09 xb and it works well, and sound is good. However, does anyone know if it will work with an aftermarket HU? I don't really want the Premium Pioneer head unit, b/c the dealer said it would cost almost $700 b/c I didn't choose it as my option right away when I got the car.

thx,
Jessie
Old 12-26-2011, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just to resurrect this......

I got one of these units for Christmas. Install was very easy. It took about an hour, but can probably be done in less if you know what you're doing. I followed the instructions shown in the link cionide posted, except I put the button in the blank to the right of the shifted. Why they would have you put it down next to the traction control button is beyond me.

A quick word regarding the music streaming....... It works fine, but the audio only plays through the front speakers. Your best bet for audio quality is to use the 3.5mm headphone jack.

My phone is a HTC EVO 3D and everything works just fine.

Mike
Old 12-27-2011, 12:15 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I installed a blulogic unit in my gfs moms corolla. Install was 20 min and super easy. Routing everything was easy. It sounded great to me. Nice and loud and a lot easier than having to turn on the earpiece put it in your ear and turn on Bluetooth on the phone. Get in and go with blulogic.

I'd be nervous getting it on my xB. Only because the car isn't as quiet inside like the corolla and others. May be hard to hear. Not to mention the tires I have sound like a m/t.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by jschafbuch
I have the Blu Logic installed in my 09 xb and it works well, and sound is good. However, does anyone know if it will work with an aftermarket HU? I don't really want the Premium Pioneer head unit, b/c the dealer said it would cost almost $700 b/c I didn't choose it as my option right away when I got the car.

thx,
Jessie
Look for the Premium Pioneer on Ebay etc.. I just picked up an T1809 for around 150.00
Old 10-31-2012, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by whiteboyslo
Just to resurrect this......

I got one of these units for Christmas. Install was very easy. It took about an hour, but can probably be done in less if you know what you're doing. I followed the instructions shown in the link cionide posted, except I put the button in the blank to the right of the shifted. Why they would have you put it down next to the traction control button is beyond me.

A quick word regarding the music streaming....... It works fine, but the audio only plays through the front speakers. Your best bet for audio quality is to use the 3.5mm headphone jack.

My phone is a HTC EVO 3D and everything works just fine.

Mike
So, is something not correct with this installation or is this the same for everyone else? Bluetooth with this system only comes through the front speakers? Also, does anyone know if this just supports audio or if it is in fact true A2DP?
Old 11-09-2012, 09:04 PM

Yes, it only comes through the front speakers. I know it supports audio but don't think it support true A2DP, as least from what I have seen in mine.