Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Final UPDATES 8/21/08

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

home owners or rental insurance will cover your iPOD and tools.

Sorry about the loss.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:20 PM

Sorry to hear about that....
Old 07-16-2008, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no lowjack
Old 07-16-2008, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well didnt have much on there.... just the rims, dual chrome pipes, k&n air filter(had just installed it).... i dont have home owners cuz im not a home owner, didnt have rental insurance so im screwed out of the ipod and the tools....
Old 07-17-2008, 03:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jonmach12
well didnt have much on there.... just the rims, dual chrome pipes, k&n air filter(had just installed it).... i dont have home owners cuz im not a home owner, didnt have rental insurance so im screwed out of the ipod and the tools....
I can't believe your insurance company won't cover the IPOD, do they realize there is a jack for the IPOD and now it's "part" of the stereo? I can understand them not wanting to cover the tools and the accessories and engine parts, that's how insurance companies are, but the IPOD should be covered. Who's your insurance company?
Old 07-17-2008, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ii have lojack so if some one steals my car they get a why hello from a officer
Old 07-17-2008, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

State Farm
Old 07-17-2008, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey!!! I just remembered.... When i bought my car, i got that foot print thing where they put my cars vin number on a bunch of the body parts of the car.... has anyone else heard of that? If so how does that work???
Old 07-17-2008, 01:48 PM
AAG
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by VC-17
I can't believe your insurance company won't cover the IPOD, do they realize there is a jack for the IPOD and now it's "part" of the stereo? I can understand them not wanting to cover the tools and the accessories and engine parts, that's how insurance companies are, but the IPOD should be covered. Who's your insurance company?
If the items stolen are not bolted to the actual vehicle, it is not covered under your auto collision insurance. It would have to be filed under your homeowners or renters insurance to be covered.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:51 PM
AAG
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Hey!!! I just remembered.... When i bought my car, i got that foot print thing where they put my cars vin number on a bunch of the body parts of the car.... has anyone else heard of that? If so how does that work???

Alot of parts come with VIN #s attached to them from the factory such as the hood, doors, bumpers. Do you mean you got the vins etched on your windows?
Old 07-17-2008, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

jonmach12: I'm assuming you mean the Permavin thing. It's a kind of tamper proof vin number system to keep people from just changing the vin. Switching 3's to 8's, 7's to 2's, that kind of thing. Mine has a kind of watermark backing thing under the vin number behind the windshield. I don't know what it does with the engine, transmission, body panel vins though.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

sorry for your loss man....hope u find it
Old 07-17-2008, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

We dont know each other. You dont know me obviously lol...

but I got some information in regards to your "footprint" thing... Now is it a foot print or is it the "glass etching" thing?

IF it was the glass etching, its like an extra Insurance for the vehicle if it is ever stolen. It is valid from date of purchase to 3 yrs after that. If the vehicle isnt recovered with within 30 days from date of incident, you call up the company (the etchers?) and let them know what happened. The 800 number for them is on your contract. What they do for you is they give you $5,000 ON TOP of what your insurance will give you for your car. They will ask you to fax them insurance information and possibly a police report? So pretty much that could cover the parts that werent covered through your insurance

What this etching is... is your VIN # is etched on all windows including windshield

"This process marks a vehicle with it's own set of fingerprints which make the vehicle easily traced when stolen. Chop shops are only interested in the profit of selling untraceable vehicles and their parts. Etching takes that profit away, as it costs between $1,000 and $5,000 to replace all the etched windows. A typical professional thief knows this and will pass up etched vehicles and steal an easier to sell, unetched vehicle instead."

So... if thats not what you were talking about. Then IDK what the footprint is... Sorry

And I'm sorry about your box
Old 07-18-2008, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so....... the car was found.
I twas told it was found on tuesday. why it took so long for someone to contact me i dont know.....
The insurance person who contacted me told me it was a complete strip and that the estimator person would have a look at it tomorrow...... what a waste of time ----->its all pretty much there
what what a waste of time------>

missing battery

missing rims
only took those two because theres nothing else to show you guys, the inside are all there except for the cds the ipod, wallet, tools..... The body is good, don't know what it drives like cuz no wheels or battery....

Now I'm stuck paying 500 decduct... being told by people that they arent gonig to cover the rims because i didnt put them on the insurance..... so just screw, i'll leave it at theat
Old 07-18-2008, 01:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

w0www unreal how people are just worthless, jealous and careless A$$holes .. did they tell you exactly where they had found it ?? like off the side of a road ??
Old 07-18-2008, 01:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they did.... its an address but i guess its abandoned house
Old 07-18-2008, 01:08 AM

I feel for your loss man. My xB2 got broken into a few months ago and they got a good lick. My W7 & 1000/1 amp plus about $350 in tools and electronics (I did a mobile stereo installer at the time.) Not to mention the $600 for the rear glass...Bastards.

Hell man, they obviously didn't know the value because they took a battery? LOL
Old 07-18-2008, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Those 20's are pretty distinctive, keep an eye out on CraigsList & eGay.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they did.... its an address but i guess its abandoned house

aw damn ill keep a look out for you for those rims! .. and yea a battery ?? boy they'll get a crap load of $$ for a battery...
Old 07-18-2008, 01:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have seen another car with them but this was before they were stolen...... ill be looking around for sure

Quick Reply: Final UPDATES 8/21/08