Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Flush transmission

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DJ_FroZone
I think u should ask a mod to section this bit out and sticky. well done.
Thank you! I don't know how to do that as I'm relatively new to doing forums. If you know how, go ahead, with my blessing!

Dave
Old 02-02-2010, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by airdave
Good for you, Daily D!! I knew you could do it! If the fluid was coming OUT of the cooler - radiatior bottom - then you DID get the correct end. This means you've also flushed the crud out of the cooler too, which is why you need to get the right line. I should have told you that I pre ordered the filter through Rock Auto.com. I don't know if you've heard of this website, but it's great! and I'm able to get quality name brand parts at great discount prices. How many qts did you actually use? and did you just get the Toyota type IV or the Mobil? I, too, am surprized the dealership guy didn't know about the filter thing, which again, is why I say to take what they tell you with a grain of salt, for the most part.

I wish others would be aware of this relatively easy diy project and save a lot of money for other important things.

Thanks for the "beer"!

Dave
djhim@sbcglobal.net

Sweeeet. Thanks for the link. I ended up using the Type T IV since it was cheaper. Only used 4 extra quarts on top of the pan drop/replace. Checked the level last night and its still alll good. I'm very surprised as well. Exactly, that's why I like to do as much DIY as I can.

Again wish I had a fancy camera to document the whole process, it's pretty much straight forward. Think I might link this page to the thread I started on the regional side.

If your ever in town AirDave give me a holler! Thanks again!
Old 02-03-2010, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheDailyD
Sweeeet. Thanks for the link. I ended up using the Type T IV since it was cheaper. Only used 4 extra quarts on top of the pan drop/replace. Checked the level last night and its still alll good. I'm very surprised as well. Exactly, that's why I like to do as much DIY as I can.

Again wish I had a fancy camera to document the whole process, it's pretty much straight forward. Think I might link this page to the thread I started on the regional side.

If your ever in town AirDave give me a holler! Thanks again!
Glad to help out! Don't get up that way at all anymore but thanks for the invite. Another guy mentioned about getting the moderator to link this somehow so others can more easily find this procedure. If you know how to link this, go ahead with my blessing. Dave