Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Scion axes xB, xD

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 07:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Caprice0083
Glad im not the only one who thought that accelerator issue was garbage and the way congress went after Toyota was excessive, especially after all the screw ups with the American manufacturers. I think it was a ploy to knock Toyota out of the number one spot.
Any time the US government and media attack a vehicle company because the US public is incompetent and class suite stupid (overriding the designed in protection against floor mat misbehavior, and blaming a perfectly sound wired accelerator system, and taking the maximum opportunity to "benefit" from a trumped up class liability suite) will merit my disgust and the appellation of "garbage", and that to every single Toyota bull____ "owner" who is unable to take any ownership responsibility unto themselves! This entire episode merely demonstrated the miserable level of intelligence, responsibility, and integrity of the American public -- absolute garbage at best!
Old 05-06-2012, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TrevorS
Any time the US government and media attack a vehicle company because the US public is incompetent and class suite stupid (overriding the designed in protection against floor mat misbehavior, and blaming a perfectly sound wired accelerator system, and taking the maximum opportunity to "benefit" from a trumped up class liability suite) will merit my disgust and the appellation of "garbage", and that to every single Toyota bull____ "owner" who is unable to take any ownership responsibility unto themselves! This entire episode merely demonstrated the miserable level of intelligence, responsibility, and integrity of the American public -- absolute garbage at best!
But actually it was a fail, Toyota sales when up during that period. And the plot turned back against US car makers because people started researching and making US car companys do a lot of recals. In PR Toyota gave every owner free 2 scoop Sunday. Kind of weird but i did Got my free ice cream LOL.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Toyota was seriously hurt last year, though it was surely impacted by the earthquaske and tsunami. I'm gratified to see their sales numbers seriously rebound in 2012 ! The US Congress needs to spend time considering the magnitude of their genitalia before they next blindly attack some offshore corporate entity. If the corporation has definitely done wrong, that's one thing, but if the US public is being its typical (U.S.A. lawyer trained) garbage self, that's something else again.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So what year will be the very last production year for the XB?
Old 05-09-2012, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I usually bring up politics when I talk about Toyota recall stuff.

Remember "Cash for clunkers?" How it was supposed to help American automakers and UAW??? Well, the top five cars sold with that downpayment assistance program were Toyotas and Hondas. In fact Corolla was #1 on the list!

I'm true believer in: government took it more seriously because their idea didn't work and it helped the Japanese economy more than ours.

NASA scientists couldn't make any Toyotas drive out of control. Hmm I thought they were supposed to be the smartest scientists in the World?????

-----

Anyway, I'm not surprised they are cutting both models. There's so many choices now to get. If I spent extra 2k couple months ago, I could of gotten a Rav4.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by vedlinyrim
So what year will be the very last production year for the XB?

Going by normal Asian car makers schedules, models are replaced every four years with a model refresh after 2 years

But the current Scion XB model has been running for 5 model years (MY2008-2012) so the current XB's life was already extended by an extra year. So I would think the XB is done at the end of the 2012 model year. If it is in production in 2013 then it would be the same body style for 6 model years.

I think 2012 is it.

I also think that Toyota did not market the second gen XB too well, they knew by the end of the 2008 MY that a lot of those folks that liked the original XB were not going to like the new XB, so instead of limited the marketing to Hipsters who avoided the redesign like the plague, they should have marketed towards college students(can load up all your crap for the dorm without borrowing the folks minivan), young family(can hold lots of stuff and still take the family on long trips, cheap to buy and own and is not a minivan(nothing says 1980's-1990's like a minivan), small businesses can use it. The vehicle is very versatile but it was not marketed like that.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by XPRESSCION
NASA scientists couldn't make any Toyotas drive out of control. Hmm I thought they were supposed to be the smartest scientists in the World?????
The only person who could make that happen was that A-hole southern University "professor" that actually modified the electronics to make it happen. Of course, he considered that proof of a design flaw and was invited to testify in Congress to help indict Toyota on their perfidy and general malfeasance as a manufacturer. Fortunately, someone eventually turned the matter over to NASA folks who without making changes, were unable to recreate any of the reported problems. Who deserves indictment? Congress, that idiot "professor" (who should have been fired), and the US public -- definitely not Toyota. Toyota should have received an apology IMO, but when was the last time Congress admitted it scr_w_d the pooch -- for that matter, when did it ever admit it?
Old 05-10-2012, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by journeyforce
Going by normal Asian car makers schedules, models are replaced every four years with a model refresh after 2 years

But the current Scion XB model has been running for 5 model years (MY2008-2012) so the current XB's life was already extended by an extra year. So I would think the XB is done at the end of the 2012 model year. If it is in production in 2013 then it would be the same body style for 6 model years.

I think 2012 is it.
However, the body style and interior were "refreshed" for the 2011 model year, so they could easily continue it a little longer if the 2012 sales justify it.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by Caprice0083
Glad im not the only one who thought that accelerator issue was garbage and the way congress went after Toyota was excessive, especially after all the screw ups with the American manufacturers. I think it was a ploy to knock Toyota out of the number one spot.
especially after they found out it was because of peoples stupidity that the majority of the problems occurred. media hype, insane.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:45 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

However, the body style and interior were "refreshed" for the 2011 model year, so they could easily continue it a little longer if the 2012 sales justify it.

You might have something on that. Plus 2011 was a short year. Anything that was not out of Japan and on its way to the USA the day of the earthquake never left, production was canceled for the remainder of the 2011 MY so maybe there will be a 2013. After all the articles said that the XB was done after its current body style. That does not say anything about 2012, they could make this car for 4 more years as long as it is in the current body style
Old 05-10-2012, 02:51 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The only person who could make that happen was that A-hole southern University "professor" that actually modified the electronics to make it happen. Of course, he considered that proof of a design flaw and was invited to testify in Congress to help indict Toyota on their perfidy and general malfeasance as a manufacturer. Fortunately, someone eventually turned the matter over to NASA folks who without making changes, were unable to recreate any of the reported problems. Who deserves indictment? Congress, that idiot "professor" (who should have been fired), and the US public -- definitely not Toyota. Toyota should have received an apology IMO, but when was the last time Congress admitted it scr_w_d the pooch -- for that matter, when did it ever admit it?

Reminds me of the Audi acceleration issue of the 1980's. Everybody lined up to blame Audi for this issue and it was found out it was the fact that all the cars that "supposedly" took off on their own were cause by idiot owners that were too stupid to figure out that not all cars in the world used a huge brake pedal just like in a 1972 Buick.