Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Scion Previews Crossover with the C-HR Concept That Could Replace xB - Video, Live Ph

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 01:50 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Scion Previews Crossover with the C-HR Concept That Could Replace xB - Video, Live Ph

This looks pretty good although it doesn't look like a cargo hauler.

Scion Previews Crossover with the C-HR Concept That Could Replace xB - Video, Live Photos
Attached Thumbnails Scion Previews Crossover with the C-HR Concept That Could Replace xB - Video, Live Ph-scion-concept.jpg  
Old 11-22-2015, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

while the concept looks totally cool and badass, unfortunately the actual car that will be sold won't look anything like it.

I always wish they just kept the xb, since thats not the case, they need a replacement with close to the same power and cargo space the xb2 had. The IM is not a suitable replacement, its a totally different class

off topic: In the spring time I hope I can find a new 2015 Xb. I'd buy one now if I could, but I have to wait a few months
Old 11-22-2015, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default IM

I was looking at the IM the other week when I had my xb in for 6 month service. It looks better in person than in photographs that I have seen on the web and it's very attractive in black sand pearl. Still, I bought the xB primarily for the spacious interior and 70 cubic feet of cargo space. I pretty much keep the rear seats folded all the time and I have a rubberized mats covering the entire rear space.
Old 11-22-2015, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

IM definitely looks great your right. but its pretty sluggish. xB2 has a little pep to it that surprises most people.

Yeah with the rear seats down its amazing what can be hauled in the xB

Instead of axing the xB, if they just gave it an AWD model, I think they would've sold pretty good. But apparently the "box" fad has died. I for one still think its hip to be square
Old 11-24-2015, 12:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mikey - I agree 100% . The concept cars looks very funky but I think the disguised car in the video reminds me more of an xb replacement. Like you said, I just hope it has similar cargo capacity as the current xb does... Also, i know the car in the video is 'disguised' but the rear bumper looks similar to an xb rear bumper... no?

About the iM - I saw a brand new, sparkling white iM on the road late last night and it looked amazing! physically, it reminded me of the lexus cth that looks similar. im not in the market for a new car but i want to take an iM for a test drive :D
Old 11-28-2015, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah its a little square like the xB rear bumper. To me the disguised car looks like a Rav4. Which I guess I don't mind much. When I saw the concept car I was wearing, because a dumbed down version of that would pretty much be a Nissan Juke, a terribly disappointing ugly car.

midtowndesi: I've always loved your sig quote. The xB2 is definitely my Eleanor. Traded it in for a $38k loaded TX BAJA Tacoma. Every time I see an xB I get filled with emotions of regret, and desire for another one. I've driven a lot of cars low to high end. Something about the xB, especially with a few mods, there's nothing like it. I love the car
Old 11-30-2015, 01:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mikey - thank you for the kind words - it's nice to befriend another polar white xb owner :D

my benz was problematic from day 1, routine service trips were easily $400 after taxes. I owned the 2010 benz e350, and a couple of fully loaded gm trucks (two hummers, an avalanche and a couple of other trucks) and, although they are nice/plush/luxurious/etc, what i didn't like is the added headache of electrical issues and even the cost of routine services. the higher end cars (in my experience) have so many small tiny annoying nuisance issues that really bug the hell out of me and several trips to the dealer still dont alleviate the issues.

when i got my benz, i thought it was an upgrade but all of the issues proved otherwise. the benz rode like a dream but the problems i had with it immediately negated any benefit from having such a smooth, luxurious car. i missed my trouble-free/problem-free/stress-free 06 xb so much that i bought a brand new 2013 xb the month after i got rid of the benz. it's been a good 2.5 PROBLEM-FREE years with the xb and i plan to keep this one until the wheels fall off!

i love the xb because it doesn't have all the added features and that keeps it super simple to maintain. i can live without heated seats / a sunroof because i get to spend more time on the road and not in some dealership waiting room with bad tv programming and passable coffee :D hahaha

Last edited by midtowndesi; 11-30-2015 at 02:48 PM.
Old 12-09-2015, 02:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ugly. I would like it better dropped and have it replace the TC.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree about the iM, it doesn't look great on the internet but in person I was really impressed. It sits low, very sleek and it truly does look like a small luxury car. I don't think I've see one on the road as of yet but I did read some article that says they're selling pretty good. I honestly can see me buying an iM in a couple of years but I'm waiting to see how the CH-R turns out which I'm guessin' will be nothing like the silly concept!
Old 12-09-2015, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Finally figured out what it reminds me of. The Viper Defender 4x4 from the mid-90s TV show Viper.

http://uniquemoviecarslasvegas.com/g...gallery-1&A=81