Notices

Adjusting ride height without removing coilover from car.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 05:38 AM
SL Member

Default Adjusting ride height without removing coilover from car.

Hello Everyone, I'm a complete noob when it comes to suspension. I recently got my Ksport coilovers put on my 2009 xB and I had a question. I want to lower my rear coils by 1/2" and I was wondering if I remove them from the assembly will they shoot off and break or will it come loose like the fronts did when I adjusted them. Any help would be wonderful. And when I say loosen them I mean removing them from behind the brakes and stuff from the bottom, will they shoot down or off the car?
Old 08-06-2011, 06:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

???? You adjust them ON the car man. The coils should have come with 2 wrench looking tools. The perches under your springs is what you have to adjust [The 2 spinning gear looking mechanisms] and then tighten em up with the wrenches.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, I have one wrench on my KWv3(AP2) and usually just use the wrench to adust the perches to your liking and lock them in place. No need to remove them what so ever.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Exactly like what everyone's saying. No need to remove them completely from the car. Now, the wrenches KSport provides suuuuuuuck, so I use a flathead screwdriver and a deadblow mallet. But most of the time the coilover will spin by hand. Now the rear, you may have to use the proper tool. Or the screwdriver.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xseveredveganx
Exactly like what everyone's saying. No need to remove them completely from the car. Now, the wrenches KSport provides suuuuuuuck, so I use a flathead screwdriver and a deadblow mallet. But most of the time the coilover will spin by hand. Now the rear, you may have to use the proper tool. Or the screwdriver.
Funny.. Just the opposite for the BCs. Wrenches work great on the front.. but for the rear.. there is no size that fits the top ring so I did what you did screwdriver and mallet.. amazing.. you'd think they could manufacture proper size wrenches...