Notices

Airlift struts popping

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 10:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Airlift struts popping

So like almost everyone else that has the airlift set up my struts pop. What I was wondering is if anyone found a solution. Also at what psi do your struts pop. Mine pop between 110 and 115 psi. I've been back and forth with Jeff at airlift and even changed both my front bags but there's been no change. Seriously want to get this solved because I really like the struts.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

mine only do it when I am aired out, and air up. They pop at 75-86 psi, if I air down to 25-40 psi, and then go up they never pop. I put car on a lift, took wheels off and deflated, then aired up, its just the bags folding over. Then when aired up that pop when folding back upright. Well, that's my case anyway. Everybody I know with them has same problem on xb2. My buddy with gen 1 xb, it does not do this. I have read several people with the randode kit and theirs does not do this, but I have read where they have a rattling or popping on the upper plate. I was considering to changing to his fronts, but its only an additional 1/2"-3/4" drop and to me that's not enough to swap the front over.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2012lavabox
mine only do it when I am aired out, and air up. They pop at 75-86 psi, if I air down to 25-40 psi, and then go up they never pop. I put car on a lift, took wheels off and deflated, then aired up, its just the bags folding over. Then when aired up that pop when folding back upright. Well, that's my case anyway. Everybody I know with them has same problem on xb2. My buddy with gen 1 xb, it does not do this. I have read several people with the randode kit and theirs does not do this, but I have read where they have a rattling or popping on the upper plate. I was considering to changing to his fronts, but its only an additional 1/2"-3/4" drop and to me that's not enough to swap the front over.
Yea I'm pretty sure the problem is that either the bottom mount isn't wide enough or the bag is too long. Because the bag rolls completely over the bottom mount when aired out. My problem is if I air out below 50 it already rolls over. I wish airlift would redesign it but that's highly unlikely.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

My buddy's did the same thing. Airlift seemed to give him a run around. Seems like they need a better 'engineer' to come up with a better solution. I hate the fact that the fitting is at the top and the whole bag can spin.

My solution, flip the Airlift struts and buy Randode.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xseveredveganx
My buddy's did the same thing. Airlift seemed to give him a run around. Seems like they need a better 'engineer' to come up with a better solution. I hate the fact that the fitting is at the top and the whole bag can spin.

My solution, flip the Airlift struts and buy Randode.
Yea I went back and forth with Jeff for almost two months to try and get a solution. Never really felt I was getting the run around. But the fact is pretty obvious that scion isn't the biggest market for airlift and while the design is more then likely flawed for the second gen they don't feel the need to re-engineer our struts. If money wasn't so tight right now I honestly would have ditched the whole airlift set-up already in favor of bag overs and elevel. But we will see. Another thing to note is that the rear sleeve bags from airlift ride like crap down low. Those will be switched for ss-6's or air house 2's with randode brackets ASAP. I wonder if a mod could change the title to "airlift a review"?
Old 08-15-2013, 04:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have my front and rear randode setup that im guna post for sale soon. Just guna throw that out there
Old 08-15-2013, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by jetas
I have my front and rear randode setup that im guna post for sale soon. Just guna throw that out there
Airstunners or the regular Randode joints?

First drive, my buddy's right rear air bag popped on him. The band that holds the bag to the plate slipped off. Airlift sent him a replacement, but it was regular freight. No first day air. No second day. Took a few days, but he was still down a car.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:00 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Airstunners or the regular Randode joints?

First drive, my buddy's right rear air bag popped on him. The band that holds the bag to the plate slipped off. Airlift sent him a replacement, but it was regular freight. No first day air. No second day. Took a few days, but he was still down a car.
Airstunner/brackets/UAS bags n sienna shocks. Guna try n sell it all together. PM me for a price bro.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:00 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd love to see vegan on air.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

It'll never happen.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It'll never happen.
Hahaha. Perhaps on your Q?
Old 08-18-2013, 01:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Nope.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nope.
#dreamscrushed
Old 08-31-2013, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am with severed,I love his ride stance and I love being static and low as hell, make them go around if they can't wait for me to get over the bumps haha, no different than being behind those slow azz elderly drivers.