Notices

Stolen Center Caps

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2023, 07:56 PM
SL Member

Angry Stolen Center Caps

I had the center caps stolen from my Xbox. I've owned it over three years now and still without a single door ding, so I parked out in the end of the parking lot recently with no other cars near me as usual. I turned to look back as I walked away as I always do and smiled. If you don't look at your car... you bought the wrong car.

I walk back to my car just 20 minutes later and instantly notice my center caps are missing. Probably a good thing I didn't catch him, or I would be in jail now. My question is...Can someone tell me if these are Scion factory option wheels, or aftermarket wheels? The center caps show a Scion emblem, but that could be aftermarket as well. I can find no factory marking/stamp/name on them. Looking for a source to replace my center caps please. I've never seen these wheels on this forum or the Facebook Scion groups. I visited two local Toyota dealers who were absolutely zero help, clueless people working in parts. It does not seem a popular choice, so I'm puzzled about the theft. I just want to replace them. Any ideas/sources to locate them?

Old 03-10-2023, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

What in the hell? Who would steal Scion caps and how much of a pain must it have been to remove while the wheels were still installed?

Those look OE to me, but there might be various cap options available when ordering.
Old 03-10-2023, 08:36 PM
SL Member

Actually, they can be removed easily without tools. The five square black tabs extend past the lug nuts and snap lock into place. Lift gently with a finger once one pops loose the rest follow easily. They secure in place well, just easy to remove. One would have to know how, to avoid paint damage with a screwdriver or tool. No damage was left behind, just the missing caps.

I just can't find a source or picture online anywhere to order. Toyota wants me to buy a new car...hahaha, parts guy tried telling me it was NOT a Toyota. I tried to school him; it was pointless. Generation "Z"
Old 03-10-2023, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's something I'd probably grab on eBay.

scion center caps for sale | eBay
Old 03-10-2023, 08:51 PM
SL Member

I tried every option I can think of, come up with a goose egg. I was hoping this high tech computer era we live in I could locate anything.
Old 03-10-2023, 09:23 PM
SL Member

My search found me this site, thought it may be useful for someone here. They determined the wheels are not a factory option, but an aftermarket wheel with logo of choice for the center caps. Very helpful and also have factory Scion hubcaps and center caps. Now the search continues.

The Scion Factory wheel options are in this link, https://www.originalwheels.com/scion...xb2015rims.php
The "Toyota Technicians" could not even provide ANY useful information or appear to care, just suggested I buy a new car that's not discontinued/out of production. The second time I heard him say that I told him I would not trade my Xbox for anything on his lot. I LOVE this car. That would not be a wise choice as they have new Toyota's around the $50k mark, I was just not happy with his comments for such a simple part needed.

Last edited by semscion; 03-10-2023 at 09:29 PM. Reason: added information.
Old 03-10-2023, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

drizzoh wins the interwebs: all options used

4 available here:

05 06 07 08 09 10 11 Scion TC XB XD OEM alloy wheel center cap | eBay

2 here:

Scion TC XB XD OEM Wheel Center Cap 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 Diameter 2 1/4 Inch | eBay

4 here:

Scion TC XB XD OEM Wheel Center Cap 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 Diameter 2 1/4 Inch | eBay
Old 03-10-2023, 09:34 PM
SL Member

Default Thank you

Originally Posted by drizzoh
That's something I'd probably grab on eBay.

scion center caps for sale | eBay
Appreciate your reply and link. It's larger than just the logo, the entire center cap which diameter spans to the lug nuts in the photo. I tighten up my search and try more on Ebay...Thank you.

Last edited by semscion; 03-10-2023 at 09:34 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-10-2023, 09:41 PM
SL Member

Default Thank you

I appreciate your efforts; I was unclear. It is the entire center hub and center logo cap missing. Thats why I am trying to locate the wheel manufacturer, the center hub is specific to the wheel. The center logo I can find readily available. Thanks for the links.
Old 03-10-2023, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by semscion
I appreciate your efforts; I was unclear. It is the entire center hub and center logo cap missing. Thats why I am trying to locate the wheel manufacturer, the center hub is specific to the wheel. The center logo I can find readily available. Thanks for the links.

Oh, ok. Good luck with your search. BTW, there are different style caps with logos on ebay.
Old 03-11-2023, 01:52 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by 62Fender
Oh, ok. Good luck with your search. BTW, there are different style caps with logos on ebay.
Yes, thank you.
I was up all night searching for that wheel...no joy. I can't find the correct center cap for the wheel. I can find plenty of the center logo's which go on the center cap. I am going to pull the wheel off and look for some type of marking from the manufacturer. Last hope before I purchase new wheels.
The wife does not understand me, I said I won't drive the car like that. She doesn't believe me. I told her well... it's either new caps, new wheels or I find a new car. If something is broken in my house, it's either fixed/repaired or replaced. She should know this by now after 35 years.
I found an Infiniti Q70L all-wheel drive Java/Mocha two tone leather, Pearl Majestic white paint. As new original owner. Now she's desperately aiding in my center cap search.
Old 03-12-2023, 04:21 PM
SL Member

I found the manufacturer. VOXX Como. VOXX won't deal with me directly, although referred me to several authorized dealers. So far looking grim, no option to purchase center caps only. I've emailed each authorized dealer waiting for a response, fingers crossed. One would think there must be an option to replace these. Surely, I'm not the first victim?
Old 03-14-2023, 01:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have those same wheels on one of my trucks.

One of the center caps popped off while I was driving across the Golden Gate Bridge. No chance of finding it as the bridge was over SF bay........center cap flew into the ocean.

I only had the wheels for two weeks. I bought them from Summit Racing............ I asked Summit if I could buy a replacement cap. Summit said no. So I tell the Summit representative to send me four shipping labels because I'm sending the wheels back and I want a refund because the wheels must be defective if the cap falls off.

Five days later I get a package from Summit Racing. In the package was four shipping labels, a coupon for 15% off any future purchase AND a replacement cap for my Voxx wheel.

Maybe contact Summit Racing???🤔
Old 03-14-2023, 04:17 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by 18TTony
I have those same wheels on one of my trucks.

One of the center caps popped off while I was driving across the Golden Gate Bridge. No chance of finding it as the bridge was over SF bay........center cap flew into the ocean.

I only had the wheels for two weeks. I bought them from Summit Racing............ I asked Summit if I could buy a replacement cap. Summit said no. So I tell the Summit representative to send me four shipping labels because I'm sending the wheels back and I want a refund because the wheels must be defective if the cap falls off.

Five days later I get a package from Summit Racing. In the package was four shipping labels, a coupon for 15% off any future purchase AND a replacement cap for my Voxx wheel.

Maybe contact Summit Racing???🤔
Summit is one of their authorized dealers and was the only one willing to help. They researched it, ordered from the manufacturer for me at a discount. Their customer service was the best I've received in many years. Thank you
Old 03-14-2023, 04:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by semscion
Summit is one of their authorized dealers and was the only one willing to help. They researched it, ordered from the manufacturer for me at a discount. Their customer service was the best I've received in many years. Thank you
Summit, YES! Their customer service is the BEST!

Last item I purchased from Summit was a $500 floor shifter assembly for my 1970 Chevelle. They sent the wrong one. They sent one for a 1970 Monte Carlo. Pretty much the same thing, but the Monte Carlo shifter has wood trim and my Chevelle has aluminum trim. I called Summit, explained that I need to exchange the parts ASAP because I got a car show that my car is going to be in. The car show was in three days.

I ____-you-not........the FedEx truck pulls up to my house less than 24 hours later and I got the correct 1970 shifter assembly. Typically, Summit ships via UPS.......tI assume they went out of their way to use FedEx 24hr delivery.

Old 06-15-2023, 03:11 PM
SL Member

I reached out to Summit, and they responded, sending the center caps. Unfortunately, they are wrong. Similar, but wrong. I am assuming they were factory wheel upgrade option from Toyota and no longer available. Been searching for months.
Old 08-11-2023, 10:24 PM

Sorry to hear about your center caps.... And those are real nice looking Wheels you should be able to find some center caps that fit somewhere....
Old 08-12-2023, 12:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wonder if they can be 3D printed? Another deep rabbit hole, but may be cheaper than buying a new car.
Old 08-12-2023, 02:43 PM
SL Member

Yeah, cheaper than buying a new car.
It's been 7 months and I cannot find the correct center "hub" not really just the logo cap. Every day I walk up to my car, and it ____es me off. I have multiple searches saved with alerts and check daily. I've contacted wheel manufacturers etc... It's like they never existed.
Old 08-15-2023, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I suppose the rabbit hole may not be that deep, but it may not be cheap.
There seemed to be a few 3D printing services in Florida when I googled " 3d printing service in florida "
Some may even model the part for you for $$$

or use the Microsoft modeler