Notices
Scion xD Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

09 xD Projector Retrofit..

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 01:57 AM
5 Year Member

Default 09 xD Projector Retrofit..

I recently bought A HID Kit from DDM Tuning. First of all my hi beams don't work I believe it's Defective bulbs. Trying to have them send me new ones. Anyways the lows work and look nice besides the bad glares on the ground in front of the car and on sides an such.

I'm going to be attempting a Bi-xenon projector retrofit here in the next month or so. Might take awhile cause I'm in school and work full time too. But I can't stand the way these look in the stock housing.
So what I plan to do is just to add the projector with a Hi/Lo function and to add LED DRL's under the projectors. I'm not removing the amber cover over the side markers and the turn signals. I've been watching some DIY videos on it and it seems simple enough.

I'm gonna buy some used replacement headlight Housing to put on my car and take out the current ones to work on unless they are about the same quality. Then I'll use the used ones.
I Plan to use a G8 Aftermarket projector kit I found on eBay Roughly 100 bucks. I'm going to get the white halo ring and 6000k bulb color. Also I would Like to add some LED DRLs under the projectors.

Has anyone Done this before? If so any tips or tricks. Also Does anyone know How to make the turn signals come on permanently when the parking lights do and to make them still function as the turn signals?
If so I might remove the amber cover and install some dual color LEDs (They run white/blueish and blink in amber). Gonna Start looking for xDs at the junk yard that wasn't in a front end collision to pull the lights from, and Friday I'm gonna order the projector kit.

Wish me luck I will Post Pics and make a Tutorial on how-to for the xD if anyone's curious and wants to try it themselves. If you've done this before please share some tips or pictures. Any input helps.

Here's a Link to the kit: http://www.ebay.com/itm/G8-HID-Bi-xe...fec0ce&vxp=mtr

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-03-2021 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Awarded 5 Yr Badge
Old 10-01-2012, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

looking forward for this
Old 10-04-2012, 07:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey pudge. I would recommend the retrofit source Bi xenon morimoto Mini stage three. It's probably the easiest and best looking set to put in to your head light. You won't have to cut anything on your head light housing. Just bake open screw in and bake back to close and you are good to go. I think you should check them out before going else where.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:30 AM
5 Year Member

Hey Yang. Yea I've actually been researching online trying to find reviews on the g8 kit I was originally gonna use and couldn't find much. I found a video showing the g5 but not the g8. Anyways in that process I found a lot of reviews and videos on the Morimoto Mini h1 kit. The g5 Kit light output was pretty good but the Morimoto was awesome. I already changed my mind thanks for the input tho. Also I didn't want halo rings and the Morimoto doesn't come with them so I really like that feature. Also I think their a little better quality too. Just Ordered one of the headlight assembly, 150 for it. I didn't have any luck finding any used. Gonna order the other next payday and the projector the next.