Karr alarm keeps going off/won't disarm. - Scionlife.com

Go Back  Scionlife.com > Scion xD > Scion xD Owner's Lounge > Scion xD ICE & Interior
Reload this Page >

Karr alarm keeps going off/won't disarm.

Notices
Scion xD ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Karr alarm keeps going off/won't disarm.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member

Default Karr alarm keeps going off/won't disarm.

I've had my 2009 Scion xD now for three years now and never knew I had any sort of anti-theft/alarm system until a few weeks ago. Here's what happened.

A few weeks back, when I pressed lock on the key fob, my car honked instead of doing its normal beep. I didn't think anything of it, as it's never happened before. I wasn't even sure if it was my car. But the next day, it happened again and shortly after, the horn started honking and nothing I could do would turn it off. I tried locking and unlocking with the key fob and manually. I tried the panic button. I tried starting my car but it wouldn't even click over or anything. Every time I locked, unlocked, opened the door, put the key in the ignition, or did anything, the alarm would go off and I couldn't get it to stop. I had AAA come out and they said the battery was perfectly fine. Finally, after a few hours, the car honked three times after removing the key and the alarm started. But hitting unlock on the fob stopped it and I was able to start my car.

I had no issue with it until a week and a half later. The entire scenario happened again. There was a blue light blinking under the steering wheel that I had never noticed before. Any time I tried to lock or unlock my car or open the door or start it, the alarm would start honking and nothing could make it stop. Finally, an hour later, I was able to start my car randomly.

I've since learned there is a Karr system installed with a normal Scion key fob. I've looked for a valet switch or button under the kick panel and dash and there's nothing. I've located the brain of the system but none of the wires lead to any button that I can see. I've tried to replicate what I've done in the past to get the alarm to engage but nothing has worked. It just seems to randomly activate (so that I can't start the car) and deactivate.

Does anyone have suggestions on what I can do if this happens again so that I can deactivate the system without having to wait an hour or more to be able to start my car? Or does anyone know how to take the whole system out? I didn't even know I had it and it's proved to be more trouble than it's worth.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 02-10-2019 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Awarded 5 Yr. Badge
Old 10-06-2018, 06:42 AM

Default Did you ever get it fixed?

I doubt you will reply 6 years later. But has this happened to anyone else? This just happened to me today. I have no clue what to do!!
Old 02-10-2019, 05:59 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tiffy____ View Post
I doubt you will reply 6 years later. But has this happened to anyone else? This just happened to me today. I have no clue what to do!!
did you get it resolved? I moved the wires wire of the alarm and it stopped since one cable is disconnecting.