Notices
Scion xD ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

No sound through Subs.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default No sound through Subs.

Ok, so i ran all my wires, and did everything i can think of except getting a new RCA wire. I bought a new install kit, put it in, hooked up my amp and subs. Now i have the bottom line head unit, so i had to run a custom Remote wire to an "add-a-fuse". i know the fuse works because i had my LED interiors hooked up to them. I ran my remote to that, (because its only on when the key is on). The amp comes on and stays on, showing the correct light, but i have no sound coming through my subs. I tested the amp, the subs, and all the wiring is done right. Why are my subs not having any sound through them??

*edit* do i have to use a line out adapter or w/e it is? i used the RCAs on the back of the head unit..

Last edited by midnight_king; 09-30-2010 at 03:00 PM. Reason: more info
Old 09-30-2010, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

did you run your subs correctly to your amp? and/or are your subs wired correcting inside of the box?
Old 09-30-2010, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

couple mundayne suggestions since im not familiar with the newer baseline head units.

1) double check all wiring, make sure subs are parralleled/series properly to the amp, and amp to the head unit and no wires are misdirected or disconnected.

2) make sure the rca's you plugged into are sub outputs, and not audio inputs for an auxiliary mode

3) (after you've confirmed that they are sub output jacks), make sure there is no menu option you need to activate to turn your subwoofer output jacks on.

After that, im really not sure what other direction to lead you in

Originally Posted by midnight_king
Ok, so i ran all my wires, and did everything i can think of except getting a new RCA wire. I bought a new install kit, put it in, hooked up my amp and subs. Now i have the bottom line head unit, so i had to run a custom Remote wire to an "add-a-fuse". i know the fuse works because i had my LED interiors hooked up to them. I ran my remote to that, (because its only on when the key is on). The amp comes on and stays on, showing the correct light, but i have no sound coming through my subs. I tested the amp, the subs, and all the wiring is done right. Why are my subs not having any sound through them??

*edit* do i have to use a line out adapter or w/e it is? i used the RCAs on the back of the head unit..
Old 09-30-2010, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xDTool
couple mundayne suggestions since im not familiar with the newer baseline head units.

1) double check all wiring, make sure subs are parralleled/series properly to the amp, and amp to the head unit and no wires are misdirected or disconnected.

2) make sure the rca's you plugged into are sub outputs, and not audio inputs for an auxiliary mode

3) (after you've confirmed that they are sub output jacks), make sure there is no menu option you need to activate to turn your subwoofer output jacks on.

After that, im really not sure what other direction to lead you in

I second the number 3. If your wiring is correct, there might be a menu option to "turn sub connection on". Check for that.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll also add that if the jacks turn out to be INPUT jacks, you will need a Line Out convertor or a new head unit.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

there is a subswoofer option on the headunit that you have to turn on. to access it you have to have the headunit off then push and hold one of the buttons for a couple seconds then it will come on. i cant remember which button it is maybe menu? or ssp? i havent seen my stock one in a while but i had the same issue you seem to be having and that was why.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Press and hold menu for a few seconds, that'll pull up the "secret" menu. that is, if your radio has that option.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JJGeneral1
Press and hold menu for a few seconds, that'll pull up the "secret" menu. that is, if your radio has that option.

leave it to scion and toyota to come up with a fkin secret menu.. that worked, thank you for your help.. (slightly annoyed)
Old 10-06-2010, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by midnight_king
leave it to scion and toyota to come up with a fkin secret menu.. that worked, thank you for your help.. (slightly annoyed)

make sure in that menu, you set your sound type to "xD" as well...
Old 10-06-2010, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JJGeneral1
make sure in that menu, you set your sound type to "xD" as well...
isnt that holding down the ssp button till that menu shows up?
Old 10-07-2010, 03:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ThisorThatxD

Yes it is.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ThisorThatxD

on the base factory pioneer, on the upgraded pioneer head unit, it's "menu"
Old 10-09-2010, 09:01 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, this stupid "secret" menu has literally just made me go insane. I've been arguing with the service manager at the dealership for literally 4 weeks now about what those rca's are for and that mine weren't working. After literally speaking to every idiot in the dealership, i come on here and find out that the unit has to be turned off then hold down that button in order to get this to come up. This information needs to be more public.... like to the dealerships, so they don't look so stupid and can answer this question when the sub won't work.