Notices
Scion xD ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Pioneer Avic install help needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 08:12 AM

Default Pioneer Avic install help needed

I just got my XD last week and also went out and bought a Pioneer Avic x910bt for it. I have been looking for wiring info for installing this unit and haven't had much luck. I went with this unit figuring that it would be a little easier to wire in since Scion is using Pioneer decks to begin with.

I was hoping to use the same ipod connector but that doesn't look promising since I just looked at the back of the unit and the now I am seeing that I will have to get an adaptor for the steering controls. Just not sure where to get that one since I haven't seen anything else about it. So far I know where to get the park signal from, and can get the reverse signal from the reverse lights unless someone has a better idea on that. The speed sensor is the one I can't find where to tap into. Also need to figure out where to pull my power from for the HD reciever and the back up cam I am putting on the license plate holder. I figured for $30 more for the cam, why not. It is just the headache of running the wire and finding power for it.

Any help is really appreciated

John