Notices
Scion xD ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Premium Audio System Firmware Update?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 02:07 PM

Default Premium Audio System Firmware Update?

I have a 2012 xD RS 4.0 with a Premium Audio HU, Pioneer model # ADCP-W12U T1818. It worked well with my iPhone 5 while I had iOS 6. However, ever since the release of iOS 7, things have been strange. It seems to be parsing out new music, regardless if it's an artist I've already had in my collection or not. For example, if I have the new album from the band Chevelle, their new album is listed separate from all other albums purchased/downloaded prior to iOS 7. This also happens if I download even just 1 song from an artist I don't have any albums of previously. It's quite annoying because if I add music to any playlists via my iPhone's playlist editing, the head unit won't play any new music added unless I PHYSICALLY select it from the playlist on the iPhone. I can't even go playing just the artist route due to that it even sees the new music as a separate artist, let alone a separate album.

And this only happens through USB/iPod interconnection. The BT audio works just fine (which is what I've been using as of late).

On the iPhone, everything appears to be categorized accordingly and plays accordingly, i.e. nothing appears to be wrong. Therefore, I believe the problem lies with the head unit. Would anyone know if this head unit is due for a firmware upgrade to make it more compatible with iOS 7? If so, how would I go about getting one? Or...am I just S.O.L.?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!