5 Year Member
SL Member

TRD FTW you can also find some slotted/cross drilled rotors on the ebay
Old 04-21-2009, 02:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ChelsDS
Any idea on brake pads? I've started looking them up, and I've seen EBC, NPN, Akebono and Piso offered for the xD's. Not sure other makers, but EBC is good apparently but on the pricey side. Akebono is good too I hear.

Just wondering
I used EBC green stuff and rotors on my Daytona. really good stuff. worth the cash IMO. never faded the brakes. I might also add I didn't change brake pads in 4 years after getting them. not sure how that works, but I have a nack for for making things last even when I'm hard on them.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Stumbled on another set of coilovers http://www.carbodykitstore.com/produ...oducts_id=6549
Old 05-26-2009, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So... does anyone knows if any company is coming up with a header any time soon?

Is been a while and nothing out there yet....
Old 05-27-2009, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

still waiting on the word from DC Sports
Old 06-25-2009, 07:09 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Zefoxe
still waiting on the word from DC Sports
do you have email address etc? I would also like to blow up their spot and see if they will make one for us
Old 06-25-2009, 09:22 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I would hope they are working on an intake manifold rather than an exhaust mani... but who knows. whatever comes out is better than nothing coming out!
Old 06-26-2009, 07:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

... in case it hasn't been posted already.

Tokico is releasing the HTS shocks in a couple of weeks.

Full adjustable shocks for the tru enthusiast...

The price tag is expected to be around $800... yeah yeah, these are expensive.

You can get the Tokico blues for less than $400
Old 06-27-2009, 12:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes a header would be nice. I don't see any thing here about the Injen intake coming out for the XD. It's not on their parts listing, but it's on their Banner page before you enter the site (below the corolla). At first it was supposed to come out June 5th and now it says June 23rd, but there seems to be a lag between when they post it as available. I've e-mailed them x2, but get referred to the frequently asked questions, and no response. It is supposed to be item sp2104. What do you guys think?
Old 06-27-2009, 12:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Check this out. This does not look promising. http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/dcsports/
Old 07-11-2009, 04:07 AM

I don't think anything is coming. It's a bad economy - the xD has a very little market share. Sure, I would buy a TRD supercharger in a MINUTE, but I just don't think it is going to happen. I read this thread from beginning to end and it seems clear - businesses look at sales - not emails.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

interstingly enough, I have a friend that found a pic of a Rumion with a Blitzt S/c strapd to the mainfold. unfortunately, we don;t know if it's the 1.8 or the 1.5 in that car. I haven;t found any ifo on the Blitz Japan web yet. I also need the chassis code for the Rumion which I also haven;t found. haven't looked here tho...maybe I should...so keep your eyes peeled.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think its slowly picking up .
Old 07-29-2009, 02:21 AM

Here's a heads up for ALL xD owners including RS1's. I found this on EBAY, a company called Figure Engineering has mesh grills for our cars, including a six piece version for the RS1. Many different finishes and colors are available including powdercoating and coded colors. Scroll down to options and colors etc.I personally like the flat black powdercoated version on the RS1.

See it here> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SCION...1%7C240%3A1318

Aftermarket support! Group Project-brg31bq-mk%7E%24-kgrhgooki4ejllmz-1sbj-bcvkm1q%7E%7E_12%5B1%5D.jpg

Name:  !BRg31uwBWk~$(KGrH____jUEjlLmTEG6BJ-bCwdTRQ~~_0[1].jpg
Views: 161
Size:  2.5 KB

Aftermarket support! Group Project-f753_12%5B1%5D.jpg
Old 09-08-2009, 10:57 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by YELOSUB
Im 40 and this is my 2nd Scion...Check out my my first Scion, the RS2 xB and see what I did with that...Took it from stock to trophy getter in 3 years...Yes us 40 something's still have a passion for cars and will always be into modding and not leaving things stock...I believe there will be an aftermarket for the xD but it will take some time...
+1 on that! Us 40 somethings, are living the dream. Kids are growing up and out(of the house) and we have $$ to spend on extras.

I've owned many,many cars over the years and none of them sat stock. I think it's a great idea what the manufacturers are doing these days. Selling cars and offering hop-ups, mods, and accessories for them. Granted most cars don't warrant a following, but these Scion cars do. Which is one of the reasons I bought one instead of some other high MPG car.

I own a Harley, a FJ Cruiser and a Scion and all three have a good following and have all managed to keep my wallet empty.......But I love it!
Old 10-31-2009, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I can Honestly say if the product is out there and it's what I need for my project, I will spend the $$$$ This is not my first project, awhile back I customized a Dodge club cab,I left my Honda RTL Ridgeline stock however the Scion XD will need to be different...SO what I am saying make the parts even though I'm middle aged I am still interested in modifying another vehicle in order to make it different.

Last edited by Crazyhorse6901; 10-31-2009 at 01:09 AM.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool

Originally Posted by cigardave
ya im one of the non target market buyers.. at 38, i don’t care too much for mods, other than ones that are functional. Though i did have to get rid of those ugly ___ hub caps! I have gotten all the silly ideas out of my system, and am wiser for the wear. So im not spending money on the high end mods.

as far as horse power, fancy ground lighting and effects, carbon fiber this and that....nope. These cars are the best choice when people like me are looking for a commuter car, with versatility and have a bit of style to boot. im not surprised at all by the average age of owners.

The xd doesn’t have the numbers out there yet for the companies to invest in making mods. Heck its hard to find seat covers! Lol. Give it time; they will come out with some stuff. Though it wont be as much as the civic, just because of numbers.

I hear ya however I do agree I bought some weather tech floor mats and they only make the front ones, what about the rear and back Hatch area? How lame... I looked at alot of stuff online and it appears the companies making after market accessories are not adapted in making a complete set of anything for this particular vehicle, the search continues!!!
Old 10-31-2009, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well if you are still looking for floor mats yelosub found a company that does custom floor mats. I don't think they have the hatch area floor mat, but the other four are a go. Edit: I just saw that they also have the cargo area.https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xd-ice-interior-1800/great-place-get-customized-floor-mats-173846/
Old 03-25-2010, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Smile

Originally Posted by Zefoxe
I can honestly say the same exact thing for the Honda Fit and Civic, yet they yield the most aftermarket parts out of any other new cars in our class. The whole thing about the xD is its affordability. Being the cheapest car in the line up, it can allow for someone to actually modify their car.
Its assumptions like these that have led to Toyotas recieving very little support and development of some of their better cars.
P.S. Talk to usmc7236Ret, he's 48 and has already done quite a few things to his RS 1.0 even though you say 30+ owners have no interest.
This is Totally true. i bought the Scion xd Due to the fact that it is Amazingly affordable for someone with my set of income. i would rather have a super cheap car so i can mod the hell out of it vs have a badass stock car. i need to update my pictures. i have a Turbo'd scion xd Boosting fine with no problems Passing up turbo civics and and flying past mustangs. but ill admit. the sad aftermarket support made this very hard and VERY expensive. Every single aftermarket piece on my xd. Is remade/or custom. and that makes things higher in price when there one of a kind .

good news is. people love it. i have got a few first place trophies now. what can i say. people love the xd! its small, and there is nothing wrong with a 1.8. the gti is a 1.8 turbo (in some cases) but the handling is horrible.

one thing we have so far is suspension. that's the only support we have. and i used it, its a whole different car

Edit: you know, if there was more after market support for our car. more people would buy it. i know several people who want my car. but don't want to pay what i did for parts. some people (like myself) do research before buying a car to see what they can do to it. and i guess i made the mistake of buying the xd to early (day it came out) but the way the tc and xb landed i figured the xd would be the same. and i love the car for its size! small cars love the tracks and race ways. and i take mine to the local track all the time.

but i have invested far more then i'm sure anyone wants to invest in this car. custom manifold ($1,200) turbo setup ($1,300) suspension ($2,000+) lights sound visuals. ill get some pics up. i have dumped over $7,000 after labor expenses and custom work. i still need a tune lol

Last edited by microbg; 03-25-2010 at 04:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket support! Group Project