Had my '09 for 8 months now...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 05:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Had my '09 for 8 months now...

And I love it more and more every day.

These little cars have PRESENCE. I got a speeding ticket on the 3rd day I had it and in the Type field of the ticket the cop wrote SUV. Ha! I wish I could have used that to get out of the ticket. "Your Honor, its a case of mistaken identity!! I solemnly swear I was NOT driving an SUV that day. I own a sub-compact!"

Couple questions:

Has anyone noticed it took a good 6-7k miles for the steering to break in well? I had the alignment redone at my 1k tune up but I only now notice at 8k miles that its finally not really pulling anymore.

I read here that a fair amount of people use tC stock wheels on their xD. I like the look of the tC wheels. Can they just be slapped on with no adjustments? I'd like to keep one of my steelies for a spare instead of the donut. Anyone in northeastern PA with a new set for sale?

I've also seen a few pics of xD's with the interior plastic accents on the dash and doors customized. Where do you get that? I'd love to have mine made blue metallic to match the exterior.

Anyone have a pic of their xD with the foglight kit from TRD Sparks installed? How hard was it to do? What does the interior button for turning them on/off look like? Does it fit by the emergency break by where the VSC button is? Does it even have a button or do the lights just come on when you turn the head lights on?

And last but not least, just a little thing really, is anyone else irked as much as me by the fact that when you put the stock radio in random mode on a CD and hit the next button, it doesnt play the next song randomly....it just plays the next song. ><