Scion xD Owner's Lounge
2008-2010 [ZSP110]

Wanted Features For The 2009 XD

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Go buy a Lexus IS250 and shut up already. Oh, you don't want to spend 40k? Well crap, don't expect the xD to come with HIDs. Now, if you want to get REALISTIC...how about some PROJECTOR headlights. That'd make it five times easier to retrofit some HIDs. Would that make you happy? Face it, if the tC doesn't have HIDs, the xD isn't going to have HIDs. Get real.
Wow some people get really ____y over this. I thought this was just an anything goes wish list when it got posted. Guess I was wrong?

Lighten up people.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ no kidding...

one thing im glad this car doesnt have is those damn shift lights that try to tell you the best time to shift. my wifes cobalt has those and it drives me nuts cause it expects you to shift at like 2200 rpms each time.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry, but this thread is pointless... To get the things you guys want, Scion expects you to just buy an xB.

Armrest
Seat adjuster
Rear discs
Projectors
Fogs (option)
Outside temp gauge

-THE DON
Old 04-24-2008, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually for the outside temperature gauge on the rear-view mirror, they have after market ones you can buy and install I think someone here actually did that.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by THE_DON
Sorry, but this thread is pointless... To get the things you guys want, Scion expects you to just buy an xB.

Armrest
Seat adjuster
Rear discs
Projectors
Fogs (option)
Outside temp gauge

-THE DON
or a tC, cus those are the things I miss the most ...
but really, I don't think the original intention was to drum up and ask scion for things ... I kinda thought it was originally just to be casual conversation.

Obviously we aren't going to get much if any of these as options bc by now we should all understand the xD is the budget and cost efficient car. Unless Scion suddenly moves more xDs than they moved tCs, than its going to remain that way ... which also won't happen bc Scion has all but comfirmed they would like to remain in the smaller volume, more niche market.

seriously tho, I'd like to see fogs, and not little side vent fogs, but lower grill fogs, like the tC!
Old 04-24-2008, 07:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No option for foglights makes absolutely no sense to me.

I think EVERY other Toyota and Scion car/truck/SUV has available foglights.

-THE DON
Old 04-24-2008, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by THE_DON
No option for foglights makes absolutely no sense to me.

I think EVERY other Toyota and Scion car/truck/SUV has available foglights.

-THE DON
It's rather retarded, epecially considering that yea, like everyone other toyota offered has them available, and its an available option ont he ist also ... watch it be available for the 09+ models. And even still, I'll wish I had enough interest in them to buy a tC fog kit and trim it down for xD lovejoy.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm sure theres going to be fogs and an armrest sometime in the future, just for the simple fact that the Ist has an armrest and there is also space inside the fuse box for fogs
Old 04-25-2008, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pickledchang
does the center console waterfall look like it would be difficult to take off? i havent looked at it yet, but it would probably be pretty easy to have it painted or do it yourself. it would look nice color matched to the car, at least for the darker colors. not sure about red or white though, id have to see it.
The center console around the radio literally pulls right off. Grab it in the upper left & right hand corners with your fingertips (make sure you're pulling on the waterfall and not the trim) and it'll start to unclip. Disconnect the clock display cable, and pull that part off. As far as getting the lower part around the HVAC and shifter, don't really know. I bet it pulls right up as well.

Originally Posted by pickledchang
i also wish the base radio had the capability to display song/artist info broadcast from radio stations.
Me too, it'd be nice!
Old 04-25-2008, 11:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmm... i may have to look into getting it painted. shouldnt cost too much.
Old 04-26-2008, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

USB port for radio
Foglights
Adjustment for seat height
100 mpg (jk)
Armrest
A Normal Remote Start system
Full set of Gauges
Old 04-27-2008, 09:08 PM

i think as far as the armrest is concerned, zeta is the way to go. the ist armrest seems like it would be a pain to get and the zeta armrest looks more comfortable. i dont think scion is going to be offering it anytime soon.....

they've already released info for the 09 tc and xb, but not the xd....hmmm. i hope the xd doesnt end up like the xa. is the xd selling better than the xa?
Old 04-28-2008, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm with Dnoix r.e. add-ons. Functional fogs would be on the top of the list for me. The xD's low beams are awful - really poor fill directly in front of the car. (Maybe they're perched too high on the fenders?)

Have the Zeta Armrest . It is comfortable and looks good. Makes clicking into belts a bit of a wriggle but not too bad. Certainly easy to install/deinstall.

I've heard xD isn't selling too well (look how impoverished our threads are compared to other scions). New xB is doing much better. But then all car sales are down in the US 'cause of the jittery economy. Time will tell if we xD fans will be orphaned... If so, fine with me; always preferred eccentric cars anyway!
Old 04-28-2008, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The sales have been slow but are starting to pick up with these gas prices. I haven't seen one in NY since it was released, but I've now seen 4 of them in the past month. That gas mileage is going to hurt the xB this summer IMO as well as the XRS's
Old 04-28-2008, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Probably true on all accounts. However, while economy cars are grabbing a bigger market share right for obvious reasons, total car sales are down. That isn't scion's fault, of course, but I was amazed at how much bigger and more powerful the gen2 xB is. Fuel economy to match. It's become a good family wagon, but is that really what scion is about? I would have bought a gen2 xB if it had been a little smaller and powered by the same motor as the xD.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by SeattleGuy
Probably true on all accounts. However, while economy cars are grabbing a bigger market share right for obvious reasons, total car sales are down. That isn't scion's fault, of course, but I was amazed at how much bigger and more powerful the gen2 xB is. Fuel economy to match. It's become a good family wagon, but is that really what scion is about? I would have bought a gen2 xB if it had been a little smaller and powered by the same motor as the xD.
i agree, but the new xb has gained alot of weight so i dont think the xd engine would do any good. it would probably be slower than the first gen.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by j_miz_e
Originally Posted by SeattleGuy
i agree, but the new xb has gained alot of weight so i dont think the xd engine would do any good. it would probably be slower than the first gen.
the 1NZ-FE is the stock engine on the Corolla Rumion so no, it wouldn't make it slower than a first gen xB and the xA was slow too not only the xB!!