Notices
Scion xD Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Brakes

I'm going to be replacing the brakes on my car when I get it back (gonna keep it afterall) and I noticed when looking at brakes that are offered.. the pontiac vibe also pops up as well. So yes, I sorta know that they're the same car (Vibe and Matrix), but would it be possible (and ok) to get brake pads for the xD?

Reason I ask is that I see the EBC Green pads for the fronts are the same part number for the Vibe (not sure the year) so.. if I can find the same part number for the Vibe cheaper, why not get it.

Someone lemme know before I make a booboo
Old 07-02-2009, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's funny... I looked around the web for a few minutes and I found the same thing: The part numbers for the EBC Green pads are the same between the xD and the Vibe. However, every site that had other brands available for either car did not show those same ones for the other... so I wasn't able to cross check any other part numbers.

My guess would be the same as yours, Chels... that the front pads are the same between the xD and the Vibe. It could also be that they made a mistake with the Green pads. I mean, if the Red pads are the same, too... then why didn't any site I found list them for both cars?