Notices
Scion xD Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

I need some coilover advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 01:42 AM
5 Year Member

Default I need some coilover advice

Alright, so I just got an Xd. I want to get it flush. Ive always had hondas and done honda mods. I want some coil overs that slip over the stock front struts (I will change them in the future) I was looking around and cant really find any for the Xd. The rear of the car is lowered to almost flush with the stock wheels and tires because of the weight of my sound system. Im going to cut the rear springs to get down just a little bit more then use air bags to hold the weight. Or get coilovers that I can adjust. Basicly my budget is $500. What can I do? I dont want springs because I cant adjust the rear. I dont want to be slammed, just flush on the tire. Ill be using 17x8 wheels with what every tire size I need to fill the gap. Im putting suspension on then getting the tires to fit. Any ideas, again budget is $500
Old 05-27-2012, 07:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

don't cut your springs. why get coils if your rear is already low enough? 500 isn't going to be enough unless racelands make some coils for the xD ;] i'd just go with springs.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^this. they dont make any "cheap" coilovers for the xD. just grab a set of lowering springs that will drop you to your wanted height and be done with it. they all cost much less than your 500$ budget.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks guys, what springs should I get then? I need the lowest ones pretty much. When I had a system in my Honda Accord, (Walled in the cabin) it dropped my rear down 2.5" and Then I had Ebaich springs in the front with 1 coil cut off, that 1 coil barely affected anything. Just a tiny bit more body roll. I plan to do the same route as the honda, leave the rear springs stock because Im scared if I lower the back the weight will push it down even further. But I could be wrong. Oh yeah... these scions dont have struts in he back that the spring goes on. I guess I could try it.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member

I saw yelosub and he has the same rim size that im getting, 18x8 +35, he has springs and hes flush in rear and from what I can see, almost flush in front. I think he has the tanabe springs.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tein stechs give you a 2.2in drop all around (lowest that i know of for springs). had those for awhile before i upgraded to coils. very good product and worked well with the stock shock/struts. eventually they will get bouncy on stock equipment, but that depends on the age of your xD.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member

Teins look good. But do you think they will sag with weight? It's pretty
Hard to ask someone to go put 500 pounds in the back of their car. I just hate the "boat" look.

Oh never mind. I'm posting on my phone and I've only been looking at the driver side wich the sub (85) pounds alone and under that side of the box has all the batteries so it tips to that side. I need to spin it around that should equal it out lol. So I think lowering springs will be fine if it sags ill get those air lift bags