Notices
Scion xD Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Ksport Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Ksport Coilovers

I just ordered a set of Ksport coilovers for $820 shipped! Can't wait to get these on my car. This is my third suspension swapout. I started with Tanabe NF210's then DF210's and now the coilovers. I think this will be the last....but maybe not
Old 03-04-2009, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no wonder youre selling two sets of springs.....i was wondering hahah

post pics of install process. im sure theres some interested people (and though i know the installation process...i do enjoy looking at install pics :D )
Old 03-04-2009, 06:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

can't wait to see how you set it up. that's why for me i skipped the whole spring upgrade and went straight to coilovers.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:18 AM

Hey cuball...you wasn't kidding about getting the set. You'll be another satisfied user. I know I am. I love the kit. I got mine set at about 4-1/2' clearance up front and 5" at back from the side skirts. That's with my 18" rims. Have fun installing.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea coilovers are the way to go, I wish I would of went with them the first time around...although I must of be one of the first to buy an xD. I got it in April 08, and back then Tanabe was the only one selling springs besides TRD for my car. I will try and get as many pics as possible.

Yea Pumpkin...your ride looks sweet, your the reason I went with the Ksports.

Peace
Old 03-04-2009, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that's why i ended up ordering rims and suspension first then the car. ok that's a little backwards.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default 1

nice.. im sure glad people are modding the xd... so how low does the ksports go?.... i just ordered some coilovers for my girlfriends xd... along with new wheels : ) should all be here in about 3 months : )
Old 03-04-2009, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats a good question. I don't know the limits of the Ksport coilovers, but looking at pumpkins car...I don't think I need much more than where he is at right now. And by the looks of his pics...he has a lot more room for adjustment. Teins have about a 3" max. Bottom line is you have more flexibility with coilovers than just standard coils.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:32 AM

If you want to go lower, don't forget the bags. LOL.

Yup, got my inspiration from katchkillah who has the teins and it almost does the same.

WHOA katch...You bought the rims and tires before you got the car??? that is backwards. LOL.

I switched up the settings on the car and now it feels alot better. I dunno if you want to try it. I got the front sways about a pinky away from the arm with the adjustable connectors to the struts. This is with the struts fully connected and hanging. Got the dampening at 1 full turn before the softest. That is after you go clockwise all the way till it stops, go counter clockwise about 5 full turns. and the springs was set at snug plus 2 more full turns.

The rear, you will need two pair of hands. as you are lifting to install the shocks, because the springs are lower and at an awkward angle, someone needs to cohorse it in place while aligning the shocks in its hole at the same time. OR you could do it my way bymyself and install the top mount shock first then slowly go up and tinkle with both at the same time.

sorry for the story. let me know if you run into trouble, which you shouldn't.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks Pumpkin...all the info you can give is appreciated. I have never put in coilovers before. I'm glad you told me about the dampening setting. I figured that would be the most difficult to figure out Although I think if I go to soft I'm going to have some rub unless I can adjust my camber to pull the tire in a little.

Yea katchkillah car looks real nice too. I was going to get the Tein's but they were $200 more.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:16 AM

You can adjust the front camber by pushing the wheel discinward from the top. The top hole on the strut has a grooved hole for camber adjustmant. As far as the rear for cambering, when you go lower, it will camber itself a little. Hope that helps.

Old 03-07-2009, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

how's the ride quality compare to just having springs? I have trd springs with stock struts and shocks, living in the northeast, the ride can be a little rough at time. roads aren't as smooth as the west. Considering going with coilovers instead for when it's time to replace the struts/shock.Also coilovers will allow me to adjust height of car between summer & winter driving.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok guys...report the ride quality with the ksport coilovers...is it jarring??

man i wish i can get hold of one over hear...any model name or number to this?? probably check it out locally here...
Old 03-07-2009, 02:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Part number CSC050-KP. This might be a USA part number. But thats all I got.

I will post about the ride quality soon.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cuball
Part number CSC050-KP. This might be a USA part number. But thats all I got.

I will post about the ride quality soon.
thanks cuball!!...
Old 03-09-2009, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what kinda driving you into ?
Old 03-09-2009, 02:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scikotictc232
what kinda driving you into ?
who me? what i look into for coilover is lowered ride with a least impact on the ride quality. for me the stock ride is just nice (assuming its the same setup with iSt) but i HATE the wheel G A P. i know changing springs will do fine but i dont want to end up blowing the suspension and back to square one..the tarred roads here are with speed humps and speed strips. if i want to change will go direct to coilovers...
Old 03-18-2009, 01:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got the Ksports today! Unfortunately I won't have them on for another couple of weeks. I will post some pics and compare the ride with my DF's as soon as I can.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey Pumpkin, A couple of questions about your setup. One the front struts, how much of the strut do you have poking out of the btm of the lower mount? Also the rear setup, I know this might be difficult, if you cant get the measurement...no biggie. How much thread do you have showing out of the btm part of the strut? I know that this adjustment is based on how the spring perch is adjusted, but I will be sitting about the same height as your setup and I just want a starting point to minimize the removal and install of the suspension.

Thanks Man
Old 03-18-2009, 04:19 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

where did you find those for 820? the lowest ive found is 900

Quick Reply: Ksport Coilovers