Notices
Scion xD Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

my nf210 box says for 07 yaris.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 07:19 PM
SL Member

Default my nf210 box says for 07 yaris.

I have not opened it yet but just got it delievered from evasive motor sports. The box says springs for 07 yaris. I know we have a lot in common with that car but is that right? Just want to make sure before I open the box. I ordered them on the internet and had good results and I know I selected xd not yaris (that would be stupid).
Old 07-16-2008, 07:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I thought the xDs were more Corolla-based than Yaris... don't know.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:24 PM
SL Member

Never mind. I got my answer. I called them and they rechecked the part numbers and they are the same. I then asked why the xd springs were 190 last week but now 176 this week and the yaris springs are 154!!!!! and they are the same as the xd. The guy tried to tell me the web guy made a mistake. In fact the prices are going up because the us dollar is dropping in value with respect to the yen. He said if I was to order them again, then someone would call me and make me aware of the price change. Oh well, I got the springs in and they are the right part so Ill roll with it.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:25 AM
Banned
SL Member

Default xD and Yaris share base underpinnings

That's why there are ANY aftermarket components for the xD - simply because the Yaris already has a few supporters in the tuning market. The suspension components are the same although the slightly heavier xD causes lower drop numbers for the same spring models.

The TRD shift mod / springs / shocks / exhaust are originally Yaris parts but are now shared.

The xD seats have the same upholstery fabric as the rare Yaris "S" hatchback.

xD has a MUCH better engine (over 30 more HP).

Originally Posted by kcxd
Never mind. I got my answer. I called them and they rechecked the part numbers and they are the same. I then asked why the xd springs were 190 last week but now 176 this week and the yaris springs are 154!!!!! and they are the same as the xd. The guy tried to tell me the web guy made a mistake. In fact the prices are going up because the us dollar is dropping in value with respect to the yen. He said if I was to order them again, then someone would call me and make me aware of the price change. Oh well, I got the springs in and they are the right part so Ill roll with it.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:33 AM
Banned
SL Member

Default Another thing...

Evasive DOES charge different prices for the same parts - folks are going to catch on pretty soon and they'll have to get honest about it.

I paid them 190 for NF210s and they sent me DF210s - I could've argued for a $30 credit, but decided to skip the hassle.

The invoice said NF - it was their screw up but I took them anyway because once I had them I was seriously tempted to go LOW.

I think they need to step up the professionalism factor a notch or two.

/
Originally Posted by kcxd
Old 07-22-2008, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think its cool its all the same part #'s....lets you shop around for better prices for people who KNOW its all the same stuff