Notices
Toyota News / Q+A Things you would like to see or know...

Rear seat

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 03:40 AM

Default Rear seat

So I just got a 2009 tc and left a protein shake in my back seat and forgot about it. It tipped over and leaked all over my seat and got down under it and smells like rotten milk. Anyone know where I can get a replacement back seat cushion?
Old 06-14-2013, 09:47 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

junk yard, ebay
Old 06-14-2013, 12:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You could probably have it steam cleaned. there are companies that do this.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are their sensors or anything electronic in it? Like airbag sensors or anything Could you take it out and hose it down? I had to do that with a couch cushion someone puked on from drinking

Steam clean will probably smell better thoufh
Old 06-18-2013, 01:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dude go rent a "RUG DOCTOR" machine from a local "big" chain grocery store for $30 or $40 dollars. They come with a hand/wand attachment (you may have to ask for it) - Buy the "Upholstery" cleaner ($15) - and pull your seats out to get under them. Mix in the water (hot as possible) and go to town cleaning. You should also do all of your seats/carpet/floor mats.

Your whole entire car will smell new, and you would be surprised when you go to dump the water out of the "Upper containment area". I would bet my car - that it will either be black, brown, or orange.

I just steamed cleaned (rug doctor'd) my friends car, he had the 2-tone alacantra seats offered on the RS3 I think? (They are black with white inserts). He THOUGHT they were supposed to be black and grey. Buy the time I was done, they were a BRIGHT bright white, not grey.

Plus the car smells great. I did my 08 SI (since I go the gym a lot, I always put a towl and ride home with the towl on my back and butt). So my car smelled like the gym just because sweat would seep into the seats. My car smells great again, and also the product usually comes with Scotchguard so that any future stains, it puts up a barrier making it easier to steam clean next time.

Although, I will say this - its not truely a "steam cleaner" - more like it dispenses water (w/ chemicals) that seep into your carpet/seats and sucks it back up. It washes everything, and you would be amazed at what type of nasty stuff is REALLY in your car. Your carpet and seats will look brand new after completion.

Anyways, that is seriously your best bet. Go rent a rug doctor, get the hose attachment, get the chemical (put about 2 cups in, for a whole bucket). Dont go overboard with the cleaning solution.

If you have any questions about usage or whatever - and your seriously interested in going this route - you can PM me any questions. I would be glad to help you. If your in the Harrisburg area - you can bring your car to me, and I will do the WHOLE CAR's carpets and seats - for $45. That is less than the price you would pay for the chemicals, and rental of the unit, except you would have a pro do it. I have done at least 30 people's cars (trucks, and vans) with my method, and have people asking all the time if I would do their vehicles.

Super important note: Make sure to leave your windows down and sunroof open to let the car completely dry out. If possible - park in a garage or park someone directly in the sun. This is a project you want to start early in the day (say around 10-11 am) and leave your windows open until at least 8-9pm. You want ALL the moisture out of your car (to prevent mildew). Your interior will smell like new, all your stains would be gone. and also your interior would look new again as well.