Notices
Toyota News / Q+A Things you would like to see or know...

Scion's recent really poor rating at JD Powers

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Scion's recent really poor rating at JD Powers

From pretty good placings in the last few years to dead last for 2013??
What's going on?! Is the FRS turning out to have lots of problems QC-wise? There must be some mistake in the polling for such a gigantic nose-dive to happen this year...... I hope its not the rear hatch "garnish plate problem older TC were having, but a recall had been done already...
My 2005 TC had been chruning out the miles with no problems. Did Scion go the way of VWs?? That' really bad if QC is going out the window for the comapny, as I had been looking into buying an FRS to eventually replace my TC......

Chombi
Old 06-19-2013, 10:21 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Lol at Porsche being in #1. Acura, Toyota, and Honda ranking behind two GM brands? I'd take this listing with a grain of salt.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jon
Lol at Porsche being in #1. Acura, Toyota, and Honda ranking behind two GM brands? I'd take this listing with a grain of salt.
Some error must have happened in their polls to skew the ratings that much within a year. I can see no reason for it to dive from something like on of the top rated comapnies to dead last within 12 months. Did all Scion owners suddnely hate their cars?? I sure like my 1st gen TC more and more as the miles and years go by, and damitol, if any VW is ever going to be rated better than any Scion! My past problems with that "German Engineered" brand was the main reason I switched over to Scion and never looked back!
Scion owners AND Toyota/Scion should challenge the JD Powers rating publicly, as it is damaging the value of our cars!

Chombi