Notices
Website Discussion Problem? Let us know about it here...

Site Improvements and Priority

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

woohoo.. glad to help
Old 05-18-2006, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A mandatory spell-checker before posting. Any misspelled words will be corrected, or if unrecognizable, turned into random synonyms for poop.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:59 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Heheheheh... That would not only make some of our regular posters mute, but would have a distinct problem any time any correctly spelled word it didn't recognize was in a post. (Especially bad with technical terms and acronyms...)
Old 05-18-2006, 07:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by xA-llent
/snip
2> When I get a list of search results, I click on a subject, read it, then try to go back to the results page. I get an error msg that the page can't be displayed and I have to resend the data. every time. What a pain. How about having the post open in a new window? You just close that window and you still have your search results.
/snip
perhaps this is off-topic, becasue what I am about to suggest is not a 'site improvement', but using IE, holding down 'shift' while you click brings the link up in a new window. I use firefox, which has tabbed browsing, making that exercise even easier.

Anyhow, I would like to see an option added to the profile that allows the user to select the way they receive Private Messages. Options should be either the teaser (same as currently) or full PM message text sent via email. This would seem to reduce the load on the server.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Are we sure Darren is still reading this? He hasn't posted in quite some time. Maybe we could get an update on the progress or if they can even be done? I would be interested to know.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I want to set "email when reply is made" to off. There should be a place to set it to off to all of them unless I check it in the topic.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:21 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by schwettynuts
I want to set "email when reply is made" to off. There should be a place to set it to off to all of them unless I check it in the topic.
That can be set in your profile...

If you are already set to get replies to threads you no longer want to see, you can go to

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/watched_topics.php

to turn that off individually, in large groups, or entirely.

I'm sure when the new version of the software is available that Darren and Troy will go over all the suggestions in this topic again to see what can and cannot be done. Darren may not be reading this topic on a daily basis, but I'm sure he IS paying attention.

Tom
Old 05-23-2006, 07:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

Tip for finding members...

Go to Messages, new post, find a username and type the first or first few letters of the name followed by a *

That helps me locate people whom I don't remember their full name.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I was just pondering some silly ideas.. just figured I'd run them by everyone.. maybe someone will agree with me and like them...

-Just like our post status bar, club affiliation, and vehicle type.. maybe we could add the rating system scale under there too.. all five stars.

-I think we should be able to imput our dyno #'s, and our 1/4 or 1/8th mile slip times and have it setup so that we can search for what it is we are looking for like the memberlist query.

-Revised Rating System? (Open for disscussion)

Just some ideas.. Thanks!
Old 05-25-2006, 06:31 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmmmmmmm...
Just so long as the "Rating Stars" don't become some mandatory part of our ID panel - some of us still refuse to take part in that, uh, "popularity contest."

As to track times, I run a "stealth racer," an xB - we can race but no one can tell...

Tom
Old 05-25-2006, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I dont think that its a contest.. but its nice to see where the public ranks your vehicle against others.. some dont care, others it could mean a lot more.. dunno?

Just throwing ideas out.. I'm day dreaming at work and cant figure out to do with myself for the next hour and change.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how bout a donation forum to the peteyd foundation of paying off and pimping out his ride i agree withe the bigger pm boxes and i gotta agree with ned on the larger avatar 100x100 the ones i like usually look horrible in 80x80. chat room moderators. umm thats all i can think of for right now.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

It's a popularity contest... Coming from me (at the top)... some good rides do less than some poor rides...

It's always going to be contentious... I don't know what a perfect ranking system would be... I wish posts counted for something... that would encourage more posters on the boards... I have tons of ideas... it's just that there are limited resources to make them happen.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Exactly..

I think everyone can do their own to make the site better in some ways.. I have been reducing the number of repeat posts in our region, making threads that compile data, ie. shops, car clubs and events.

I dont know what a perfect ranking system would be either, but regardless, people are going to hate on your vehicle.. just gotta take the good with the bad on that one.. I personally look at it to see how I stack up against my competition.. ie. WDS

I personally dont know how to make the ranking system better.. but I'm sure someone has an idea out there somewhere.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Darren.. have you tried, or thought about putting the "Mod Cafeteria" into the drop down menu above, just like everything else? Just curious..

I know I personally hate having to goto the main forum screen to go to the Cafeteria.. Thanks bro.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ I don't think it can be added to that b/c he wouldn't be able to control who sees it.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Thats what I figured.. I didn't know if there were limitations to it or not, or just hadn't been thought up..