Autosports & Technique
General driving and racing...

Mustang v. TC

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

to you tell you the truth it would be a drivers race. it's not alway the car that wins the race. my friend beat a mustang gt in a honda civic si (stock civic) i find that really hard to believe.

also about you not getting a ticket i know how that is. me and my cuz were driving from from somewhere and we both got pulled over by a cop going 80 in a 65. i was sure he was going to write us botha ticket until my cuz pulled out his badge. and the cop wrote me a warning and didn't do anything to my cuz. i'm sure glad i was following him that day
Old 05-18-2005, 07:53 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I owned anCRX SI back in 86...loved that car. It was really fast. I blew the doors off a camaro cant remember what he had. I agree it would be a drivers race.
Some say it's not fair that I can get out of tickets. I say, HEY, I let people go all the time. And if I want t let a cop go, so be it. The job can really suck sometimes. It's nice to have a few perks.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fedcop
Uh, yeah... as far as being a "fake cop"...give me your plate # and tell me when and where you are going to be in VA. (Clarke Co.) and I'll look you up, OK??

Also as far as me putting that I race on the net...I never said it was on a public street. I do have access to the department track just as I do for the gun range.
And its no secret that I speed...I get pulled over at least twice a month. But then I have "Master Badge". I havent had a ticket since 1976...when I got out of my first academy. (Seems to me there might be some jealousy in that regard) Oh well...gotta love professional courtesy.
I always wanted to race a cruiser.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

"To protect and Serve"...isn't that how it goes? Speeding is not the best way to go about doing that. Also...being stopped for speeding twice a month? I'm not a cop, and have had no traing to be one and I have made it over 7 years without a speeding ticket,or any ticket for that matter,speeding all the way
Old 05-18-2005, 10:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheQuietThings
Originally Posted by m1a2x3x7
i know my old cavy with 140 hp and auto can take a auto v6 mustang...its a drivers race
lmao a drivers race with automatics? ive never heard that one before.
The only way it could be a drivers rave with auto's. would be it they were autoXing. In a straight line race with auto's all you got to do is steer, and try to react quicker to the light than your opponent.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by punxnotdead
"To protect and Serve"...isn't that how it goes? Speeding is not the best way to go about doing that. Also...being stopped for speeding twice a month? I'm not a cop, and have had no traing to be one and I have made it over 7 years without a speeding ticket,or any ticket for that matter,speeding all the way
Uh...yeah.... right, "protect and serve" (ya gotta stop watching TV) More like, "To get through my shift and go home with the same # of body parts I started with, or to NOT reach room temperature."

And as far as being stopped, I put A LOT of miles on my car. Got it Apr 12th and have over 5500 on it already. I cruise on the highway at 85-90mph. Why? Same reason a dog licks his hoo-ha...because he can!
Old 05-19-2005, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member

right on, street racing toyotas and V6 mustangs.......what has the world come to, even the pigs are in on the action.....my moneys on the V6 mustang schooling you
Old 05-20-2005, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, I got your pig hanging.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by turbomerc
right on, street racing toyotas and V6 mustangs.......what has the world come to, even the pigs are in on the action.....my moneys on the V6 mustang schooling you
And is your name implying you own a mecury?
Old 05-20-2005, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Maybe he owns a Cougar...no wait a minute I said "he"...thats a chicks car right? Sorry man...now what kind of "merc" do you own???
Old 05-20-2005, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member

my street car runs 11's, how about yours???
Old 05-20-2005, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ?

Just curious,

I don't mean to offend any of the P.O.'s on this site but is this guy for real? An actual cop bragging about speeding habitually and proudly escaping the penalty. If your off duty it would seem ludicrous to put others at risk by disregarding the posted speed limit. I guess when you crash and kill someone you plan on flashing a badge for a get out of jail escape.

Either stop BSing or shut your pile whole, you know a freakin mustang would crush you.................

N Y C X B OX
Old 05-20-2005, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by turbomerc
my street car runs 11's, how about yours???
I'm more concerned with speed AND handling.. so a small 4 banger is a better choice. I dont prefer taking tanks around hard corners. Not bashing your ride, but trying to get you to see that there are different reasons people choose different cars. And plus, I know people with blown 8 second cars out there... but they dont bash you for racing your relatively slow street car do they? It is all about what you are racing and what you are doing. I know someone with a Chevy pickup that runs in the high 12s, but put him on a curvy road with my tC and I will waste him. They have classes in racing as well. Street stocks dont run against funny cars do they? Well, we arent necessarilly trying to outrun 11 sec cars in our 4 bangers (although I have seen a good number of 4 bangers that will make your 11 sec merc cry).

the tC is a great car to start with to build. It has a strong motor, you dont start with a ton dumped into it. And it is a cool car all around. so it is good for both the daily driver/performance people as well as something more. If you have worked on many vehicles you will know that the displacement means a lot less than people think, and that gap is closing quickly.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Re: ?

Originally Posted by NYCXBOX
Just curious,

I don't mean to offend any of the P.O.'s on this site but is this guy for real? An actual cop bragging about speeding habitually and proudly escaping the penalty. If your off duty it would seem ludicrous to put others at risk by disregarding the posted speed limit. I guess when you crash and kill someone you plan on flashing a badge for a get out of jail escape.

Either stop BSing or shut your pile whole, you know a freakin mustang would crush you.................

N Y C X B OX
A 2005 V6 mustang will beat us stock... crush us? Not hardly. And with a few mods will not even be an issue. The 2005 V6 is not that impressive. Now the GT.. fast car, although not as fast as it should be. Mustangs have never been too impressive stock IMO for what they were supposed to be. I have an 89 sitting at my fathers that I will turn into a track car (they were really too big of a pile of ____ to do anything else with). The Chevy engine is a much better choice for higher RPM applications. Anyway, I shouldnt get off topic.

The cops should be better examples, but at the same time they are still people. The way I look at it, if a cop busts me for running 80 in a 65 on a open highway, his ___ better be running 65 on it when he drives down it.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default No one is above the law

Nobody, and I repeat NOBODY is above the law. Don't play me. I will slay you.

As far as our little traps beating a mustang. Go for it. I could care less. I drive a box. But for real, I would just assume that if anyone is rocking a stang then it should be a GT. Why else would you buy a Stang'? Unless of course someone is trying to compensate for minature cohones? Just a thought.

THE MAN

AKA

N Y C X B O X
Old 05-20-2005, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why race? I have a better idea for the two of you. A test to see who's more macho.

That is, a 113. (speed limiter) version of chicken. All your cop friends could take bets on which one bails.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Uh, yeah...Exactly how am I putting "others at risk" by exceeding the speed limit??
When the Interstate system was created (before you were born) it was designed for cars doing 75 mph (BTW that was the speed limit)
With computer aided design and the advancement in engineering, todays roads are even more safe. Not to mention that cars have made a quantum leap in safety.
So why do we have 55 mph speed limits and why are cops forced to write tickects? Well it was the NIXON administration who felt it would save gas during the 73 oil embargo. (Why 55? Just an abbitrary number) Second, it is a REVENUE GENERATING DEVICE.
People have been driving on the Autobahn in Germany at speeds in excess of 100 mph and they dont have any higher of an accident rate then we do. Oh and BTW, I have been driving for 35 years (again, since before you were born) and I have never killed anyone. Also I have been through several high speed driving cousrses and I am certified to operate a vehicle at speeds exceeding 100 mph and preform evasive and interdictive manuvers with a vehicle.
Lastly, lets not get into the relm of rediculous where you browbeat me for speeding because I'm a cop and purport to expouse that you of course would never exceed the speed limit or break any other law. (that is what you're saying right?)
Fact of the matter is cops are people too, and some times we speed. Hey, I've even been know to litter too. (GASP) I am just not two faced about it. And yes I have to give people speeding tickets. It's my job. And yes I have a quota. Truth be known most cops have to be forced to write tickets.
So lets get off your high horse and and back down to reality.
Just because I can get out of it is no reason to be jealous. And that is what this little tyraid is all about.
BECAUSE NO ONE BELIEVES THAT YOU DON'T SPEED.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Typical

I love your blanket assumptions! Do you have some sort of special power that allows you to know how old I am? Did I ever purport to not be a speeder?

The thing that irritates me is that you somehow feel as though you are above the law. That you can speed when you are not working. If our Government (your employeer) decides to roll back to the good old days of 75mph then great, but for the time being I don't think it would be lawful for you or me to travel at such speeds legally? Just a thought.

And if you feel that going 85 does not put others at risk then you have obviously not been paying attention during all of your training classes. It is not just yourself that you must worry about on the road, but all other drivers as well. This would encompass the law abiding citizens driving 55 that you will slam into while you are flying down the road.

Your autobahn comment is quite nice, perhaps you should move to Germany.

Now to take you back to my original post..........I didn't mean to offend anyone, especially an officer. But please, stop trying to rationalize your illegal behavior. It's simply ridiculous.

Side bar: If your on a track then speed to your hearts content. But when your on the streets, don't think it's cool to speed just because you have a get out of jail card (badge). If you have kids, then you could probably imagine how bummed out you would be if a speeder rear ended them and someone was fatally injured. Ultimately speed kills.

Ah whatever,,,,,

I gotta get back in my box, I have some speed traps to pick up with my V1!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2005, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

"The cops should be better examples, but at the same time they are still people. The way I look at it, if a cop busts me for running 80 in a 65 on a open highway, his ___ better be running 65 on it when he drives down it."

Uh sorry to report that cops dont have to obey the speed limit. For instance a state trooper is alloweed to exceed the limit even when not enroute to a call. It's called "troopping the line" In his 8 hour shift he may have to cover a very large area, sometimes several hundred mlies. He has to exceed the limit in order to effectively cove his "beat" within a given shift. Fact of the matter is most state traffic codes allow for the officer to disreagrd the stautes under color and authority of the badge.
Just like I am allowed to carry a concealed weopon anywhere in the U.S. even off duty and most people cant. BTW I am considered "on duty" "on call" when I'm not working, AND they passed a law last year saying they dont have to pay me for being on call.
If this doesnt sit right with anybody, this is what I always say...put in your application, pass the academy, and put your life on the line. Remember, I run TO the sound of gunfire not AWAY from it.
Do I speed and get away with it? Yes I do, thank you very much. For those who think it's "wrong", again I say, I have let plenty of speeders go with a warning. (after I get my quota) Lets stay in the real world boys and girls. Or would you rather I lie?
Old 05-20-2005, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Lyier

No I wouldn't rather you lie. The fact of the matter is that you are probably a cool guy. Your just getting a bad rep cause I haven't exactly been treated all that cool in the past by cops.

I don't think I need to get all into it and I certainly am not attempting to ellicit the typical response of I was probably an A-hole to the cop and I deserved everything I got. But the fact of the matter is that you said you regularly speed and now you are back tracking.

Again, your probably a cool guy. I mean, hey you drive a Scion right. And then there is the Scioncop who for a while was dolling out tons of free advice. Geesh I even supported his main views.

Lets let bygones be bygones and then next time I getted pulled over, I will flash them my buddy card that your going to send to me.....right? right? right?

Big ups.

Keep on running towards the bullets. I know I sure as hell won't.

N Y C X B O X

Quick Reply: Mustang v. TC