Autosports & Technique
General driving and racing...

Mustang v. TC

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So I personally don't care what anyone says but I've raced 2 of my friends....one with w 1999 mustang v6 (190hp) and a 2004 Mustang V6 (193hp)....and both I have beaten with my tC....No mods here...and no mods on the stangs....I pulled about a car on the 2004 stang and about 1-1/2 cars on the 1999 stang...granted with the power to weight ratios and powertrain losses between FWD and RWD, it was a drivers race for the most part...but also the tC's gearing helps out quite a bit.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:07 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by fedcop
Hmmm... well I 'm gonna give it a try next time I'm back in NY. I think I'm better behind the wheel too. I figure he may have an advantge with more torque but I've had mine up too the limit @ 127 and if he can only go to 113 I should have him...ya think???
i didn't realize there was a speed limiter on the tC. Is there any way to disengage or over ride the limiter without voiding the warranty?

BTW, why post 140 mph, if you they are going to put a 127 speed limiter on the car
Old 10-11-2005, 03:07 AM
5 Year Member

Hmmm... well I 'm gonna give it a try next time I'm back in NY. I think I'm better behind the wheel too. I figure he may have an advantge with more torque but I've had mine up too the limit @ 127 and if he can only go to 113 I should have him...ya think???
i didn't realize there was a speed limiter on the tC. Is there any way to disengage or over ride the limiter without voiding the warranty?

BTW, why post 140 mph, if you they are going to put a 127 speed limiter on the car
Old 10-11-2005, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by lucarelli

lol I used to ask this myself when I used to be younger....but I guess thats how things go...imagine when u make ur car powerful and unrestrcited enough to get to 140 mph? lol..then it'll come into use...hopefully.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

woa woa woa, theres a restrictor for the tc???? i wanna take it off!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2005, 03:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by fishingexpert87

there is a limiter on EVERY production car in the US that I know of. They have been doing that for years now.

Taking it off is useless stock, since you will hit redline not far past it.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

127 is fast enough anyway.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

tru tru. got me excited there for a moment. lol
Old 11-07-2005, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member

Alot of this thread is annoying, especially the crap where the guy is giving the cop a hard time. If you don't like, agree, or whatever about street racing, go away. You're not gonna change anyone's opinions.

Now onto the subject.
The 2005 Mustang has a 3 link straight axel, a 4.0L SOHC V6, and a pretty good tranny. You've got a 0 percent chance of taking him unless you've got the TRD supercharger or a turbo charger. The new mustang is seriously one of the best cars ford has ever built. If you're gonna try it, make sure it's an automatic convertable which will be your best shot.

On the otherhand. I would try racing the 3.8L OHV ones in earlier cars like 94-98, even 99-04 will be closer. You can take those 2.3L 4 cylinder foxbody mustangs (79-93) pretty easily except for the SVO ones in the mid 80s that had turbos. The mustang IIs from 74-78 are a joke. I think that the Tc can even take a number of the 5.0s from the slower years.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Nice to see the police are taking advantage of what citizens should not be doing
Old 12-06-2005, 01:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer

there is a limiter on EVERY production car in the US that I know of. They have been doing that for years now.

I don't think so. I know several cars that don't have them. The stock manual RX-8 for instance tops out at about 148mph limited by drag, while the auto is less-powerful but actually has a governor. I've personally seen stock 350Zs, STis, etc. pushing way over 140. I think almost all regular passenger cars and trucks have limiters on them. But plenty of sports cars will go as fast as you care to push them.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I might be a little late, but the cop seems like a good guy, and you guys should just stop giving him ____. Wouldn't even be an issue if he didn't say he was a cop, or if it wasnt in his name.

Since I turned 16, about a year and a half ago, I've gotten 3 speeding tickets. Sucks having your license almost taken away, and doing 12 hour traffic classes. Made me realize I should just take it to the track and cut the ____.

And for the records, Straight Edge is just an alias for the Fourth Reich. ____ing _______s.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im a little late too, but here is my experince with drive by wire........my 04 accord has it, and sometimes when im taking off froma stoplight, and sort of feather the gas, it actually tricks the car, and makes the car act like its loosing all power........its weird.

so i think it would be a drivers race.........especially if he accidently feathers or has any hesitation in the acceleration...
Old 03-01-2006, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member

My friend with a 6speed stock celica GT-S lost to a new v6 mustang by about 3/4 of a car. So imo you wll get beat
Old 03-01-2006, 01:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Skunk
Originally Posted by engifineer

I don't think so. I know several cars that don't have them. The stock manual RX-8 for instance tops out at about 148mph limited by drag, while the auto is less-powerful but actually has a governor. I've personally seen stock 350Zs, STis, etc. pushing way over 140. I think almost all regular passenger cars and trucks have limiters on them. But plenty of sports cars will go as fast as you care to push them.
The 04-05 manual rx8 is electronically limited at 148mph
350z limited at 155
civic si limited at 132
05 accord limited at 130

I am sure there are some that do not have the limiter out there.. but I have seen more that do than dont. I was trying to point out that the limiter is by no means out of the ordinary and is there for a reason

As far as the mustang... a new GT will EAT our lunch, period, not even a question. Better performing and RWD make for a much better straight line car. If the v6 is driven correctly (the manual version) it will also take us by a little. It is more of a drivers race though due to the closeness in performance.

I am not a big ford fan after owning them in the past, but the newer mustang isnt too shabby in the numbers. Not the greatest.. and certainly not the nicest looking car imo, but not horrible either. Now, the new shelby does impress me.. but its a bit more spendy as well

For domestic powerplants I still favor the trusty old chevys. The 350 has always been an excellent, easy and inexpensive to build platform. Faster revving than the fords and produces nice power. The new vette motor makes me drool And for a little more serious power, the crate 572 just plain makes me pee myself. I like the idea of playing with just about anything to make it go faster, but if I build a truely serious 1/4 mile car, you can damn well bet it will be RWD and be sporting a blown 572..... but I digress, heh heh