General driving and racing...

Scion Autocross Series in Richmond KY

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 09:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Scion Autocross Series in Richmond KY

Here is what I have worked up so far. The rules are pretty close to being finalized. I will know more about prizes in a few days.
Clash of the Scions and Scion Shootout details:
Scion South is proud to announce an expansion of our support for Scion owners and CKR SCCA by launching a 3 race Autocross series and bonus shootout for Scion owners.
Like our previous Scion events the CKR SCCA has allowed us to setup a Scion only class to keep out all of those lesser brands of cars.
RACE FOR FREE: Like our previous Scion events, we are paying the entry fee for the first 10 Scion drivers to register for each event for any body racing a Scion at any of the three events. We will also pay the entry fee for any Scion driver that has to drive more than 75 miles to the event.
Clash of the Scions series:
Points based 3 race series
Points based on raw time
The top 3 drivers in each class will earn prizes of unspeakable value.
3 Races:
6/20/10
7/11/10
8/08/10 (Scion Shootout)
2 Classes:
Stock Class: Scions that fall under the SCCA Stock rules. Tires for this class can be any DOT rated tire with a wear index of 140 or greater. Anyone running R-compound tires will be in modified class regardless of other modifications.
Modified Class: This class is for Scions that are modified beyond SCCA Stock class rules and/or are equipped with tires of 140 wear index or lower.

Scion Shootout:
The Scion Shootout will be a bonus challenge for the fastest Scions at the 8/8/10 event. The Scion Shootout will determine who has the fastest xA, xB*, tC, and xD that day.
The Clash of the Scions rules and points still apply but the Shootout portion will have additional prizes for the fastest xA, xB*, tC, and xD.
For the Fastest of the Fast, we will also have bonus prize for the Scion that beats the best Raw and PAX time of the Scion South tC (that's me) by the biggest margin of time at the Shootout. The prize for this particular winner (assuming someone can beat me) will be as big or bigger than the C.O.S. and Shootout prizes combined.
*There is a chance the SCCA rules may not allow the xB to compete. I am working with the local SCCA on this to see what we can do.

Go to:
6/20 Event Registration: http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/...event_id=11597
7/11 Event Registration: TBA
8/08 Event Registration: TBA
Thanks,
Jonathan Sexton.