General driving and racing...

So how did i walk an Evo VIII??

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 08:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sci-Tech
SL Member

^^^still tho this guy says he pulled an evo stock for stock from a roll. No way(if they were indeed racing and he didnt have a crapped out motor) he'd take him, even if evos are bad from a roll, we still cant beat them stock.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

maybe he was in 5th and just punched it, you dropped it down to 4th which you could have gone down to 3rd if you wanted to at that speed..but mainly...TURBO LAG

evos stock have serious turbo lag....i watched a top gear video like a year back when they did a show on the evo XIII and they did a test to show how bad the turbo lag was...

you never know, could have been a bad driver too? alot of teenagers and first time drivers(first time manual drivers) are starting to get evos because of the huge price drop on them over the past years....=/
Old 12-21-2006, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

^^^ Even still once the evo gets up to 4kRPM, goodbye. The thing'll keep up with AWD V12 Lambos (Top Gear Evo vs. Lambo)
Old 12-22-2006, 01:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tcholic
maybe he was in 5th and just punched it, you dropped it down to 4th which you could have gone down to 3rd if you wanted to at that speed..but mainly...[b]TURBO LAG[/b]

evos stock have serious turbo lag....i watched a top gear video like a year back when they did a show on the evo XIII and they did a test to show how bad the turbo lag was...

you never know, could have been a bad driver too? alot of teenagers and first time drivers(first time manual drivers) are starting to get evos because of the huge price drop on them over the past years....=/
you my friend have never been in an evo
at a 40 roll the tC "should" drop it in 2nd during a race
Old 12-22-2006, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sci-Tech
SL Member

^^^Yea that guys obviously never ridin in or driven one. I drove a 06' MR with my dad at a dealership when we were thinking of trading the srt4. The evo is straight BADA$$. Turbo lag isnt too bad b/c is has the twinscroll turbo.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:11 AM
5 Year Member

a stock evo 8 is not very powerful...225awhp stock. stock im not sure. a boosted turbo tC can walk it wasy from a roll. a heavy boosted turbo tC can walk it from a dig if its stock.
you my friend are a moron
Old 12-22-2006, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Id have to say the evo, didnt even know you were racing, and he was probally driving his regular pattern...

FWIW you almost got him tho!
Old 12-22-2006, 01:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sci-Tech
SL Member

^^^how do you get that. Our turbo tC's on here are running times in the quarter equal to or better than a STOCK evo 8. It's a driver race. It would be very close. we might walk one from a roll. But I still would have to go with the evo 8 from a dig b/c big torque/hp +fwd = traction problems. Unless you have some really good rubber
Old 12-22-2006, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sci-Tech
SL Member

^^^^sry. That post was to KINGVLAD
Old 12-22-2006, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no offense, but getting a PULL on someone on the road is complete ____. I still have my porsche 944, and i have gone top end with some pretty high end rides... either take it to the strip, or top them out, but something where the race starts at second gear and goes to third isnt crap.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by peteyd
a stock evo 8 is not very powerful...225awhp stock. stock im not sure. a boosted turbo tC can walk it wasy from a roll. a heavy boosted turbo tC can walk it from a dig if its stock.
Uhh, No, They put out around 280awhp. With my mods im bearly able to beat my friends Evo on the freeway, and he walks me on the street.

To stick on topic, he wasnt racing you, he would have killed you if he was.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yup, the evo is 277 i think. prolly 230 to the street... id have to think that AWD box eats some power.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ohh.. and if we keep posting stuff like this, its just gonna give those kiddies over at rsx to laugh about.. maybe we should delete this thread lol...
Old 12-22-2006, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xSTANDxSTRONGx
^^^ Even still once the evo gets up to 4kRPM, goodbye. The thing'll keep up with AWD V12 Lambos (Top Gear Evo vs. Lambo)
That was a Euro FQ400 Evo, 400hp from the factory with a 3y/36k mile warranty. Not your average Evo we see running around here by far.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by torqueTc
yup, the evo is 277 i think. prolly 230 to the street... id have to think that AWD box eats some power.
No, I was reffering to them being underated. They put about 270-280 to the ground, when they are rated at 287 hp at the crank.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Originally Posted by 06SuperWhite_SoCal_tC
Originally Posted by xSTANDxSTRONGx
That was a Euro FQ400 Evo, 400hp from the factory with a 3y/36k mile warranty. Not your average Evo we see running around here by far.
ok then the '05 MR gets the power even sooner (3500RPM is max tq according to specs) and makes 265 at 6500. add a few mods, and goodnight tC. But in traffic, who knows, as I have stated previously in this thread, I have taken quite a few cars that I had no biz even racing. if you look for it, all the trucks were from a dig, everything else was from a roll.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:12 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by torqueTc
ohh.. and if we keep posting stuff like this, its just gonna give those kiddies over at rsx to laugh about.. maybe we should delete this thread lol...
lol, i've been trying to straighten out this story for awhile now
Old 12-22-2006, 05:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RSXaco
you my friend have never been in an evo
HAHAHAH thats funny because i just finished working on a 700 hp evo lol o yea and i know shiv from vishnu very well =P

im just saying....the guy is wondering why he beat this evo..im just making an assumption what could have happened =/ he had a question and i just had a theory
Old 12-22-2006, 05:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 06SuperWhite_SoCal_tC
Uhh, No, They put out around 280awhp. With my mods im bearly able to beat my friends Evo on the freeway, and he walks me on the street.

To stick on topic, he wasnt racing you, he would have killed you if he was.
o yea by the way thats def not how much they make to the wheels....the awd drivetrain kills it they dyno to the wheels stock like 180-210 max
Old 12-22-2006, 12:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by djct_watt
That is the lamest comparo ever. Stock for stock, we would get killed. You can't compare modded to stock.

Modded for Modded, there simply is no comparing a modded EVO and a modded tC. If you want to talk value for the dollar, you may have some kind of arguement. But in terms of sheer performance capability, it's a completely different league. Chassis flex, composure, driving characteristics, transmission. . .

The EVO block is fundamentally a MUCH stronger engine. I'm no EVO fan (I would never own one), but I'm honest.
ok you know what this why i frickin hate posting on this site...i was just stating thats all i wasnt trying to start an argument i wasnt comparing anything i was simply stating a a stock evo 8 is not producing much power and a stock tC can not take it but a modded tC can. I am not saying anything about a modded evo. I was just freaking making a statement but someone always had to be a smart @$$ on this site and make things difficult! no wonder tons of people always hate on scions.
thats why i dont really post on here

Quick Reply: So how did i walk an Evo VIII??